Well, I made it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wednesday was my last day at work. Never thought I would make it. I'm looking forward to more time spent with the smoker and trying to improve my skills, and more time on SMF.

CONGRATS! Jealous for sure. I hope I make it to retirement. we will be watching for your cooks!

I gave my 600 week notice at work earlier in the month, mostly in fun but turned into a big joke gets lot of ribbing and short timer jokes.

c'mon Jan 2031..

Reactions: ofelles
I retired at 55. Never looked back. Enjoy.
Awesome . We can draw full pension benefits at 55 and still work if you have the years in . Makes you pretty independent . Did that til 57 . I can't even imagine getting up and going to work any more .

I retired at 55. Never looked back. Enjoy.
Thats pretty much my goal! I think we are on track for it too. my wife is older than me and she will be off the hook before I am, but house is paid for and we are saving like crazy.

Congratulations. Hope it is EVERYTHING you thought it will be! I wanted to do it at 55 but the numbers weren't there. But 6 more weeks now and I'll be joining you.

Reactions: Ben58
7 months to go. I'm tail gating my wife, as she is set for the end of February. I'm going to be attached to her leg like a dog. Otherwise I'm officially one year away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky