Meat Church Rubs, I was just gifted couple bags, Thoughts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

Hi , I was just gifted a couple bags of Meat Church rubs. I have never used and I am looking forward to trying them out.
Any one like or dislike them and what are your thoughts

DSC_9403.JPG

DSC_9404.JPG DSC_9405.JPG

DSC_9406.JPG DSC_9407.JPG

So 5 bags in total and 1 is double, the Honey Bacon sounds good .
I have some Beef coming soon that I have been wanting to try , so these will come in handy , I hope.

I received these from a good customer and friend of mine, He passed away Jan 1st this year.
And his family asked if I wanted these. I said most certainly, and will use and toast him as I use them

Any way folks just wondering what you guys thought of Meat Church

David

I've used all of them and I like them, a lot.

I like Holy Cow the best of the lot. Its SPG with paprika and some added spices. Cept I've found a recipe from Mike Mills to make my own version. Its in his 2005 book " Peace, Love, and Barbecue " . Evidently Holy Cow was a popular rub in Texas in the 1990's. I posted about it here

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/what-is-your-spg-mix-ratio.323605/

Gospel is a good all purpose rub.

Holy Gospel is a cross between Gospel and Holy Cow and is a great rib rub.

I've used the Honey Bacon, but its been 2 or 3 years ago.

I've not had anything from Meat Church, aka Matt Pittman that was not good. His YT channel is worth viewing ...

Hi , I was just gifted a couple bags of Meat Church rubs. I have never used and I am looking forward to trying them out.

View attachment 690230

View attachment 690231 View attachment 690232

View attachment 690233 View attachment 690234

I have some Beef coming soon that I have been wanting to try , so these will come in handy , I hope.

I received these from a good customer and friend of mine, He passed away Jan 1st this year.
And his family asked if I wanted these. I said most certainly, and will use and toast him as I use them

David

View attachment 690230

David
My son gave me The Gospel & Holy Gospel for Christmas. I really like the Holy Gospel. It has some heat but even my wife likes it & uses it on air fryer chicken.

View attachment 690230

David
I hear a lot of people love Meat Church seasonings.
I was given a shaker of Holy Cow for Christmas by my brother and I am quite positive it is simply just SPOG+Paprika because it tastes excatly like my SPOG+Paprika. The key to it is they use really good fresh black pepper, which I also use. You know it's good because it even has kick to it just as black pepper lol.

I do have to say that knowing what it is and how it tastes, it will go well on anything but is best on Pork, Chicken, or Shrimp. Not too many around my neck of the woods season beef with Paprika unless they are going some direction Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwestern, or maybe Cajun flavoring.

Use them. Enjoy them. If you like Holy Cow, you will easily be able how to make it yourself going forward :D

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks like you have a lot of different things to try with all those rubs.
Thanks Norm for the like and the comment
yes they should keep me busy for a while, good to try different things

David
I like them for a store bought rubcheck out Matt’s YouTube channel

Thanks for the comment, good to know and I will have to look up his channel

David
I've tried the holy cow and it seemed good. But that honey bacon sounds good for sure.

Thanks for the comment, i'm with you the Honey Bacon sounds right up my ally

David

I personally am a fan of MC rubs… I think you will like them David… and a toast to your friend when you use them is a classy move! Let us know your thoughts when you use them!

Thanks Justin for the comment, good to know many like the MC products.
And yes I will be toasting Gregg a few times when I get his rubs rolling in the smoke.
And of coarse i will post them up.

David
I've used all of them and I like them, a lot.

I like Holy Cow the best of the lot. Its SPG with paprika and some added spices. Cept I've found a recipe from Mike Mills to make my own version. Its in his 2005 book " Peace, Love, and Barbecue " . Evidently Holy Cow was a popular rub in Texas in the 1990's. I posted about it here

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/what-is-your-spg-mix-ratio.323605/

Gospel is a good all purpose rub.

Holy Gospel is a cross between Gospel and Holy Cow and is a great rib rub.

I've used the Honey Bacon, but its been 2 or 3 years ago.

I've not had anything from Meat Church, aka Matt Pittman that was not good. His YT channel is worth viewing ...

Thanks for the comment, and glad you liked and have tried them all. And all the links and insite.
I did not know it has been around that long, but then again I only got into this a couple years ago.

David
My son uses a lot of these and swears by them! Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment, good to hear it is enjoyed in your family. I am looking forward to trying them out.

David

The only MC rub I didn’t like was Deez Nuts. The others are all goid
Thanks Buck for the comment, Good to know . And that one was not one that my friend used I guess as it was not in his pantry.

David
you are a lucky man! Holy Cow on a brisket is the killer. Thats all I have used in a long time. It would take a lot for me to change on that.
Thanks Dave for the comment. Yes nice to receive these , but a sad reason also.
Good to know as I think there is a small brisket coming in my beef order.

David
Dang nice gift!! I've not used them but they seem to be very popular.
Thanks Jeff for the comment, yes a very nice and thoughtful gift. Just wish he would be around to see how I did with them.
That is what I thought also. Seem very popular.

David

My son gave me The Gospel & Holy Gospel for Christmas. I really like the Holy Gospel. It has some heat but even my wife likes it & uses it on air fryer chicken.
Thanks for the comment, that is good news , my wife is hit ad miss with the smoke and the heat . So fingers crossed she likes them like your wife does.

David
I like and use them regularly. Voodoo is my favorite
Thanks Jim for the comment, I will have to see over time which is my fav out of the 4 . And never know I might even order in some of the other ones.

David
I use them often and think there are really good. The only one I do not like is deez nutz. The voodoo is great on fish, shrimp and dry rub wings
Thanks for the comment, good to see so many folks really enjoy MC. That is 2 that do not care for the deez nutz.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky