Weeknight Brisket Flat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boxkiller

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
South Eastern, PA
Last week the weather was looking good, and I had a brisket flat.
Recteq RT-700
LJ Comp mix pellets
225 for 3 hrs then up to 250
275 once it was wrapped.

Here it is ready to go in
goingIn.jpg

Forgot to take pictures in the smoker but here it is after it rested for a few hours before slicing. Lost some bark do to pooling.
beforeslicing.jpg

Here it is sliced. (Yes I started slicing the wrong way, but figured it out pretty quick)
sliced.jpg

Here is is with some sides.
readryeat.jpg

Last week the weather was looking good, and I had a brisket flat.
Recteq RT-700
LJ Comp mix pellets
225 for 3 hrs then up to 250
275 once it was wrapped.

Here it is ready to go in
View attachment 627413

Forgot to take pictures in the smoker but here it is after it rested for a few hours before slicing. Lost some bark do to pooling.
View attachment 627415

Here it is sliced. (Yes I started slicing the wrong way, but figured it out pretty quick)
View attachment 627416

Here is is with some sides.
View attachment 627419
looks great. i need to try that again.

Man that looks good!! Beautiful color on the brisket and a gorgeous smoke ring. The Rec Tec does seem to have a way of getting a really nice smoke ring. The plated shot is gorgeous. Very well done!

Robert

Very nice flat!! The final plate is perfect in my book! I have a brisket in the fridge and hope mine turns out as good!

Great smoke ring on that brisket. But let’s talk about that spud. Is that just flake salt on an oiled potato or is that one of those salt water boiled potatoes I forget the name of?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky