Weather Forces Use of New Toys!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking sammie!
I just watched a cooking show at Guy's ranch & they were using those pans.
Go figure, they usually use $200 pans, but those new $10 non-stick pans are killer.
I have a couple of them too!
Al

Thank You Al!!
We never owned a Frying Pan that cost more than $35, and these Copper Chefs are Awesome!!
The only thing I don't like about them is the way they're humped up in the center.
We have 5 of them, including the one that makes "Grill Marks".

Bear

Thank You Al!!
We never owned a Frying Pan that cost more than $35, and these Copper Chefs are Awesome!!
The only thing I don't like about them is the way they're humped up in the center.
We have 5 of them, including the one that makes "Grill Marks".

Bear

Were they humped in the center when they were new?
Cause mine are flat. However if you put water in the pan when it's hot, it will warp & be higher in the center,
so let it cool down before you rinse it out.
Al

The heck with this weather, Bear! I want to play with my old toys too, like my smokers....but then again it seems like it rains all summer or at least when I’m off.

Excellent breakfast sandwich! That definitely warms the body on a day like that.

Like!

Were they humped in the center when they were new?
Cause mine are flat. However if you put water in the pan when it's hot, it will warp & be higher in the center,
so let it cool down before you rinse it out.
Al

Hmmm---Interesting!!
I have one we didn't use yet---I'll look into this!
Thank You Sir!!
My Dishwasher said she never puts water in them while they're still hot, which I can believe, because they sit on the stove until she's done eating, and washes all the other stuff before the pan.
However she said she seasons them first by putting oil in & putting them in the oven.
The one we didn't use yet hasn't been seasoned yet, so I can get a good look at it, before & after seasoning.

Bear

The one's I have don't need seasoning, they are non-stick right out of the box.
Maybe just a good wash with soap & water & they are ready to cook.
Al

Bear=Sammie Monster!

LOL---Thank You Justin!!
Probably comes from carrying my Lunch for 12 years in school, and then 40 years to work, out of the next 53 years.
The only times I didn't carry 2 Sammies for lunch every day was my 3 years in the Army, and the 10+ years I had my own Cabinetmaking Shop.
Mrs Bear made a lot of them, as did my Mother for those first few years.

Bear

Reactions: yankee2bbq
The one's I have don't need seasoning, they are non-stick right out of the box.
Maybe just a good wash with soap & water & they are ready to cook.
Al

Yeah, There are many different brands of "Copper Pans".
We have a couple different kinds, but they have all humped up in the middle.
The one we didn't use yet is a brand named "Red Copper", and this is what they say to do:
https://bestconsumerreports.guide/how-to-season-red-copper-pan/

I'll let you know what happens to that one.

It doesn't really bother me that much---It's just that the cooking oil or butter runs to the edges while cooking.

Bear

My pans aren't called the same, they are Gotham steel & I bought 2 of them for $9.99 each.
No seasoning & non stick, don't need butter or oil. Got them on sale, 10", 2 for $19.98 + free shipping & handling, we use them everyday. Great for omelets!
Al

My pans aren't called the same, they are Gotham steel & I bought 2 of them for $9.99 each.
No seasoning & non stick, don't need butter or oil. Got them on sale, 10", 2 for $19.98 + free shipping & handling, we use them everyday. Great for omelets!
Al

Mrs Bear says, She doesn't think any of ours are "Gotham Steel", but they're all Non Stick without butter.
However My Eggs are never cooked without butter---Yuck--Eggs without butter!!!
That's about what we paid for all of ours though.

We love them, but they weren't the pans I was testing in this thread.
If you look at the Text in my post, you'll see it's the little round pan I was testing for the first time with an egg in it.
That one is called "Granite" something. So far I only used it once, and I definitely like the Copper ones best, no matter which company it is. This Granite thing has a Rough surface inside!!! I didn't try the big one yet, but if it's anything like the little one, I doubt if I'll like it much.

However like I said, I'll try anything if it's cheap enough. I won; y lose much if it ends up in the trash.

And if I didn't try any of these Cheapos, I would have never know how awesome these Copper pans are!!

Bear

The heck with this weather, Bear! I want to play with my old toys too, like my smokers....but then again it seems like it rains all summer or at least when I’m off.

Excellent breakfast sandwich! That definitely warms the body on a day like that.

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
Yup--This rain has been terrible for years---Wish we could send some to CA & other Dry areas.
It's been many years since I used to kick up Dust on occasion when mowing my yards.
Seems Like it's been raining all the time for years, around here!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky