Venison Tenderloin and Beef Filet Mignon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic! I can't wait for my venison haul this year... but I'm not looking forward to processing like 10 animals in 5 days mostly by myself hahaha.
As said though, self processing can't be beat and my stuff comes out 100X better due to the care I take with it.

I look forward to the hunting and venison pics to come out in a few months :)

Reactions: archeryrob
Smoking whole sections of back-strap would be nice. But unfortunately my wife won't touch venison.

Well tell him to take the back strap and cut it into "Uncle Eddie" size lengths. Thirds, Ribeye, loin and sirloin tips which will be about 7" inch long

It's good like you make it, but a whole small roast is so much juicier! Ask your neighbor this "Who butterflies beef Ribeye and would you leave the silver skin on that?" Butchers mainly do that as the "ribeye" on deer is much smaller and leaner and hunters down know any different. Silverskin is also easier to cut off Beef ribeye and sirloin and the fat layers added to beef and deer are so lean, especially there.

I saved that Mushroom recipe to try, but will probably add onion to fry with it.

The wife unit is the same here. Overly picky and has to eat chicken when we have deer. Their going to starve if SHTF was ever to happen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky