Tri Tip Awesomeness!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, I was fortunate that a good friend tx smoker tx smoker sent me a package containing some CPB! Robert, you are an amazing asset to this forum and a great friend! Your generosity is so much appreciated!

So, smoked up a CPB Tri Tip! Here is my humble attempt at a smoke on a beautiful cut of beef!

Here’s the start!

A467F7E0-0841-4524-B8E8-A3B59666E303.jpeg

Rubbed down with just a bit of Worcestershire Sauce, then a light coat of Creamy Horseradish and a coating of some Steak Your Claim seasoning from a good friend Keith 912smoker 912smoker !
20BC345A-39F5-4CB2-80DA-EF8E4338B64D.jpeg

Also, added some fresh ground Rosemary!

F090B9A1-17AF-4173-B237-14B61B005CBE.jpeg

Smoked up in the Camp Chef using some Cherry Charwood pellets… Used Robert’s method on his last couple TT’s and the result was perfection!

Got the cutting board seasoned up with some board sauce learned from my friend TNJAKE TNJAKE !

53702FD5-B145-424E-A560-7997D6E12D1B.jpeg

Some TT sliced up!

96E95B0A-BE2F-45C4-9D69-77BE2FC218BE.jpeg

Plated shot with the TT, some pork and beans with a dollop of redneck concoction and a slice of Texas Toast!

0DA77D81-8B5D-4E6D-8323-229063F4F96C.jpeg

4BC7E48A-BD9B-4789-91CC-36A9F2FB6553.jpeg

What a phenomenal meal! The flavor of this CPB is such a rich beefiness that is extremely tasty! Again my thanks to my forum friends that helped this meal turn out phenomenal! Robert, Jake and Keith… Thank you! Also a shout out to my buds Brokenhandle Brokenhandle and bauchjw bauchjw ! Thanks Ryan and Jed for being there as friends and always hearing me out! Appreciate you guys!

As a side note, took some TT over to my folks to share my good fortune… They were flat out amazed at the flavor!

Here’s my Ma’s plate after running the TT through some au jus!

BE51AA25-0343-44A2-A940-DED04F55548F.jpeg

Thanks for lookin all!

Attachments

• 2E69935B-6BA0-4761-8053-A067412E70E4.jpeg
    2E69935B-6BA0-4761-8053-A067412E70E4.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Mmmmm, Tri-Tip!
That looks so good, cooked perfectly, yum!
And to get it from a friend is too cool.
So many good people here, so much camaraderie and best of all food inspiration.

Thanks Chile, awesome and generous folks…. Appreciate the kind words and like!

Justin, that's perfection in my eyes and sharing with family is what life's all about and how we roll around my house. Robert is a true asset and friend and that CPB tri-tip is just unreal in both flavor and tenderness...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Man Justin...you have definitely been paying attention in class! You cooked thar tri tip to perfection! And a great gesture from tx smoker tx smoker for the gift as well! What was in your redneck concoction?
Your mom makes a really nice plate as well...tri tip, sweet corn, and baked tater...mmmm!

Great looking TriTip. Corn looks good. i been pretty disappointed in the corn we been getting this year. I really miss Michigan corn as it the best.
Well Brian, it's Iowa corn but still tastes great!
20220806_113519.jpg

Sadly there are many small ears due to lack of rain but still tastes great!

Ryan

That TT is cooked to perfection, and I can attest to the tremendous beefy flavor of the CPB. Great result for a great gift from a very generous couple!
Al

Absolutely stunning Justin!! Perfect edge to edge pink and the meat looks so tender and juicy. Extremely well done my friend!! You certainly did that TT justice. That roast must go back a while being that it's pre-packaged in the CPB packaging. I've not bought them that way in quite a while. Same cut of meat obviously. Yours is just trimmed and cleaned up a bit more than what I've been cooking. As an aside, I'm loving that technique of cooking the roasts that I stumbled on accidentally a few months ago. Turning out some fine roasts, that's for sure.

Robert

You sure did a mighty fine job on that TT!
That's cooked to perfection and a great plate too Justin. Glad your family likes the rub as much as I do and thanks for the shout out 😅

Keith

Justin, that's perfection in my eyes and sharing with family is what life's all about and how we roll around my house. Robert is a true asset and friend and that CPB tri-tip is just unreal in both flavor and tenderness...

Thanks Charles, sure do appreciate it! Love cooking and sharing with fam! Them enjoying it just makes my day!

tx smoker tx smoker and his other half are beyond phenomenal folks with huge and giving hearts! It has been an absolute honor having the privilege of getting to know them a little better!

Best tri tip I have ever ate… and everyone else agreed!

Thanks again for dropping a line and the like!

Great looking TriTip. Corn looks good. i been pretty disappointed in the corn we been getting this year. I really miss Michigan corn as it the best.

Thanks for dropping a line and the like Brian! The tri tip was amazing! The corn around here has been pretty decent, though I hear it’s been hit and miss in a lot of areas this year! Hopefully you can find some decent stuff here soon!

Man Justin...you have definitely been paying attention in class! You cooked thar tri tip to perfection! And a great gesture from tx smoker tx smoker for the gift as well! What was in your redneck concoction?
Your mom makes a really nice plate as well...tri tip, sweet corn, and baked tater...mmmm!

Well Brian, it's Iowa corn but still tastes great!
View attachment 640061

Sadly there are many small ears due to lack of rain but still tastes great!

Ryan

Ha, thanks my friend! I was never a good student… hard to be a good one with your nose in the corner! 😂🤣

Honestly, I have learned so much here from some great contributors!

Robert is very generous indeed! He is the man, followed his lead and it turned out phenomenal!

Redneck concoction was 4 parts sour cream, 2 parts creamy horseradish, few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a couple shakes of rub and some fresh ground rosemary!

Appreciate that…. She is a foodie too, so this was right in her wheelhouse!

Corn looks tasty my friend!

Appreciate ya bud, thanks for dropping a line and the like!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky