Fajita Tri-Tip and Yellow tail on the Pit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I picked up a nice grass fed Tri-tip and before it was fired up I was getting out the normal seasoning and the Fajita seasoning was staring me down. I thought why not give it a try. I mixed it with a little bit of Prime Rib rub I had left over.

After an hour marinade I put it on the pit along with fresh caught yellow tail my parents friend had given them. They had more than they could eat so sent us home with that and some Blue Fin.

2024_fajita_tritip_01.jpg

Both turned out great.

2024_fajita_tritip_02.jpg

Two of my favorites, Tri Tip & Yellowtail. They look fantastic!

I'm not a huge fan of cooked bluefin, curious how you are planning on serving the bluefin?

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Two of my favorites, Tri Tip & Yellowtail. They look fantastic!

I'm not a huge fan of cooked bluefin, curious how you are planning on serving the bluefin?

Definitely not raw. 🤢

If I cook it the pit or smoker, If my wife does it will be pan fried or made into a soup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky