The July Throwdown winners are....................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This was the hardest throwdown to vote on so far, SO many good entries... which means extra kudos to the winners, well done! 

Not to leave the rest of the entries out, they were all awesome; but here are a few things that really caught my attention this round:

-- Mmundy81, nice biscuit!!  Although it took me 2 days, the pimento cheese on burnt ends is what pushed me off the fence and earned you my vote, well done!

-- Thoseguys26, OMG, sliders made with a slab of bacon... if I say more about that, the mods will have to edit my post, I am a man after all...

-- biggame & jarjar, you were both in my top 4 when it was time to vote. If I were ordering in a restaurant you would have been my top 2, this time around I wanted to vote for something I could actually make myself, but wow you guys are food artists!

-- nepas, classic american, my family loves that sandwich on sourdough!

-- bfelgar, ginger mayo sauce and some wasabi, that sounds good.

-- ChefRob, I like the way you eat!

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners, and all the other entrants as well. I had intended on entering this throwdown, but got way to busy with a lot of extended travel. Once I saw the entries, I felt kind of lucky that I was unable to enter.

There were some pretty inspired and creative entries, and each and every one of them appeals to me. I'm looking forward to trying to duplicate many of the entries at home.

congrats to the 2 winners and to all of the entries........there was a lot of great looking dishes!

This was the hardest throwdown to vote on so far, SO many good entries... which means extra kudos to the winners, well done! 

-- Thoseguys26, OMG, sliders made with a slab of bacon... if I say more about that, the mods will have to edit my post, I am a man after all...
haha Thanks!

It was pretty ridiculous with flavor. The one with the egg and potato crisps & Garlic aioli was by far the best of the three in my opinion. I basically fried them at a high temp so it was super crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth soft on the inside.. My girlfriend made me go for a run after that meal!

Not to leave the rest of the entries out, they were all awesome; but here are a few things that really caught my attention this round:

-- Mmundy81, nice biscuit!!  Although it took me 2 days, the pimento cheese on burnt ends is what pushed me off the fence and earned you my vote, well done!

-- biggame & jarjar, you were both in my top 4 when it was time to vote. If I were ordering in a restaurant you would have been my top 2, this time around I wanted to vote for something I could actually make myself, but wow you guys are food artists!

-- nepas, classic american, my family loves that sandwich on sourdough!

-- bfelgar, ginger mayo sauce and some wasabi, that sounds good.

-- ChefRob, I like the way you eat!
thanks for the kind words. mine was a challenge. not making it. it was a long brining curing process and all but getting that behemoth down was the trick. my wife failed. i did get all mine down.

MAN 1 FOOD 0 lol.

i like spicy. chefrob yours i will have to try. never had a dog like that but often eat grilled ones with long sliced jalapenos.

Last edited:
just got my a-maze-n-pellet smoker prize on monday. and 2 lbs of oak pellets. a pork butt is thawing as we speak. a review will be coming soon for the thanks of recieving the prize. cant wait to try it out.

Last edited:
Just got my book from Jeff/Amazon and I can not wait to go through it and try some of the recipes.

Thank you again for your votes. I was truly humbled and blessed..

Jeramy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky