Sweet corn time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Following on the 2020 sweet corn thread.... we got ours today. 158 dozen in the group buy and it was about 6 hours old when we divided it up. It was packed in produce boxes and still cold! The farmer threw in a box of cucumbers and about 40 heads of garlic. I'll be grilling some tonight to have with a sous vide tri tip and some sort of orzo dish. And tomorrow packaging some for the freezer.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thats a bunch! How many in your group buy? Gonna be busy tomorrow! We have a few ears in fridge we been munching on...everything in the field is too far along now.

Ryan

Great thread. We always do sweet corn.

Funny you said to far along. Wonder how many people know what that is?

Great thread. We always do sweet corn.

Funny you said to far along. Wonder how many people know what that is?
Thanks Adam! I guess we are all different in how we like it. I like it best early with small poppy kernels, wife likes it better a little farther along. Either way it's good stuff

Ryan

Thanks Adam! I guess we are all different in how we like it. I like it best early with small poppy kernels, wife likes it better a little farther along. Either way it's good stuff

Ryan

Poppy kernels are the best just at the right time for the flavor thou.

Poppy kernels are the best just at the right time for the flavor thou.
That they are! Just gotta be careful...they are squirty little things. Should have seen my wife laugh at me earlier this year...bit into one and squirted myself in the eye and glasses

Ryan

Thats a bunch! How many in your group buy? Gonna be busy tomorrow! We have a few ears in fridge we been munching on...everything in the field is too far along now.

Ryan

About 40. My buddy had his pickup bed double stacked with boxes holding 4 dozen each. And a utility trailer with the rest of the boxes. This is the first planting, normally we get corn from the second planting because both of us are in that town anyway for a BBQ contest and Bluegrass festival....

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky