Smokey Grilled Corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LhornR

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 26, 2023
NE, PA
With corn season coming to an end I grabbed a couple dozen (14 ears @/doz from this local farmer) of my favorite late season corn..Serendipity. My son will be coming up from MD so I'm sure a lot of this will vanish after he raids my freezer...as usual.

As usual hands were sticky after husking from the milky kernels. I put gloves on and dip my hands in olive oil and give the ears a good rub down. Then its on the grill hot and fast with the smoke tube going.

The last of them on the grill...
1693676567599.jpeg

Ready for shuckin'
1693676663341.jpeg

Finally mixed in a stick of melted butter and vac sealed in 1 cup and 2 cup bags.
1693676756387.jpeg

1693676775069.jpeg

My other favorite is the best of the best early season first pickin' corn...Sweetness. Small tender kernels that melt in your mouth. I did two dozen of those also but I didnt document it. I did get slightly carried away roasting them but still turned out good. Only bagged about half as much due to the smaller ears and kernels.

Sweetness back in mid July...
1693677008501.jpeg

Anyhootchie....have a great Labor Day weekend everyone....and make it a smokey one of course! :emoji_yum:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky