Superhots finally ripening

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Picked a few peppers today as the pods are finally starting to turn on most plants. Scorpions, red habaneros, chocolate habanero, 1 ghost, 1 from a mystery plant that appears to be chocolate ghost, white Zan coyote , a few fully ripe serrano and jalapeno. Bonus I looked down towards the woodpile and saw some puffballs. The chocolate habs are headed to the window sill to ripen a bit more. Serrano and jalapeno get added to the freezer bag of reds im saving for a sriracha sauce. The rest I have individual freezer bags going to save them.
1000005085-01.jpeg

Picked a few peppers today as the pods are finally starting to turn on most plants. Scorpions, red habaneros, chocolate habanero, 1 ghost, 1 from a mystery plant that appears to be chocolate ghost, white Zan coyote , a few fully ripe serrano and jalapeno. Bonus I looked down towards the woodpile and saw some puffballs. The chocolate habs are headed to the window sill to ripen a bit more. Serrano and jalapeno get added to the freezer bag of reds im saving for a sriracha sauce. The rest I have individual freezer bags going to save them. View attachment 675095
You have a nice variety of peppers growing. Many of those i have never tried. Never heard of the coyote, going to google right now lol.
My habs are producing like Champs, picking another batch this week. Storm threw brances on my jalapenos, cayennes, bells and bannana peppers, too much damage to recover. Ghost have suffered the last few weeks. Even in the shade they will no longer hold flowers due to extreme temperatures, reaching 110 last week. Hopefully cooler weather will start in a few weeks.

Reactions: jcam222
I need to up my game. I only have a habanero this year planted between my citrus trees. I would like to setup a full hydroponics setup again since it was so successful before but that would take a lot of work to get started.

I need to up my game. I only have a habanero this year planted between my citrus trees. I would like to setup a full hydroponics setup again since it was so successful before but that would take a lot of work to get started.
I looked into hydro set up as well but as you said it seems to require quite a bit of prepare as well as being a little costly for the amount of pepper i want to grow. I use to grow 100+ pepper plants every year but got tired of all the work, so now it's just pot's and and raised beds. So much easier to maintain.

You have a nice variety of peppers growing. Many of those i have never tried. Never heard of the coyote, going to google right now lol.
My habs are producing like Champs, picking another batch this week. Storm threw brances on my jalapenos, cayennes, bells and bannana peppers, too much damage to recover. Ghost have suffered the last few weeks. Even in the shade they will no longer hold flowers due to extreme temperatures, reaching 110 last week. Hopefully cooler weather will start in a few weeks.
Man I wish I had your growing season! I'll probably only get one full picking off mine. Habanero is by far my fav along with scotch bonnet.
I want to do an indoor setup but likely in soil
I looked into hydro set up as well but as you said it seems to require quite a bit of prepare as well as being a little costly for the amount of pepper i want to grow. I use to grow 100+ pepper plants every year but got tired of all the work, so now it's just pot's and and raised beds. So much easier to maintain.
I love my raised beds and grow bags! The plants I have in them are the best I've ever grown! Between the Pro-mix garden blend and Fox Farms trio liquid fertilizers they went bonkers.

Man I wish I had your growing season! I'll probably only get one full picking off mine. Habanero is by far my fav along with scotch bonnet.

I want to do an indoor setup but likely in soil

I love my raised beds and grow bags! The plants I have in them are the best I've ever grown! Between the Pro-mix garden blend and Fox Farms trio liquid fertilizers they went bonkers.
Yes we are very fortunate in South Louisiana, my last pick was around early November last year.

I think I'm getting away from the regular miracle grow top soil, it seams to be loaded with mulch which dosent retain moisture very well. Probably gonna add the pro mix next year. Is you liquid fertilizer something like miracle grow that can be mixed at the nozzle of your hose?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky