• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Summer sausage with a twist.

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
And wait and...lol, your killing us steve! No pics didn't happen! Even tho I know you always show pics, might have to get up around 2 am to see your breakfast pics of summer sausage.

Gotta give ya a little guff
Ryan

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
And the pic. The casing had some separation. I'll take a taste in a bit. Not really wanting to sample for breakfast. But it smells good!

P2080533.JPG

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
FAIL! The taste was good. Real good actually. The texture was lacking. Crumbly and dry. There wasn't a fat out here. But, I do think there wasn't enough fat to begin with. I'll give this another go with just beef and keep the recipe the same. I've had great luck with 70/30 burger. So that is what I'll do.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Never know till you try. Still was a good idea! But be honest steve...I can hear your brain spinning from here...how are ya gonna repurpose that sausage?

Inquiring minds want to know, lol
Ryan

fished

Smoking Fanatic
Jan 3, 2012
Steve, that looks good to me. I can see the spices, is the white stuff chunks of fat? Would you mind posting your recipe?

Thanks Ed

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Steve, that looks good to me. I can see the spices, is the white stuff chunks of fat? Would you mind posting your recipe?

Thanks Ed

The white stuff is cheese. This was a spice blend from The Sausage Maker. I just added the jalapeno powder and ECA.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Nice Try---First time---I figured there would have to be some problem.
If at first you don't succeed blah, blah, blah.............
Finally done!!! That's why I hate these "Progressive Posts"---I always have hated them.
That's why you won't see a one Progressive post with my name on it. Not one in 10 years!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky