Summer sausage with a twist.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And wait and...lol, your killing us steve! No pics didn't happen! Even tho I know you always show pics, might have to get up around 2 am to see your breakfast pics of summer sausage.

Gotta give ya a little guff
Ryan

Reactions: Steve H and chopsaw
And the pic. The casing had some separation. I'll take a taste in a bit. Not really wanting to sample for breakfast. But it smells good!

P2080533.JPG

FAIL! The taste was good. Real good actually. The texture was lacking. Crumbly and dry. There wasn't a fat out here. But, I do think there wasn't enough fat to begin with. I'll give this another go with just beef and keep the recipe the same. I've had great luck with 70/30 burger. So that is what I'll do.

Never know till you try. Still was a good idea! But be honest steve...I can hear your brain spinning from here...how are ya gonna repurpose that sausage?

Inquiring minds want to know, lol
Ryan

Never know till you try. Still was a good idea! But be honest steve...I can hear your brain spinning from here...how are ya gonna repurpose that sausage?

Inquiring minds want to know, lol
Ryan

Oh, I'm going to eat it. It gives me a great excuse to have more beer while doing so! :emoji_wink:

Steve, that looks good to me. I can see the spices, is the white stuff chunks of fat? Would you mind posting your recipe?

Thanks Ed

The white stuff is cheese. This was a spice blend from The Sausage Maker. I just added the jalapeno powder and ECA.

Nice Try---First time---I figured there would have to be some problem.
If at first you don't succeed blah, blah, blah.............
Finally done!!! That's why I hate these "Progressive Posts"---I always have hated them.
That's why you won't see a one Progressive post with my name on it. Not one in 10 years!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky