Street Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I was craving some fish tacos and picked up some shrimp and chicken while I was at it. I didn't see the fresh corn tortillas I was looking for but a fresh batch of minis was calling my name.

street_tacos_001.jpg

I will start with the sauces which are an important part of a good taco. I made a cilantro mayo and a chipotle mayo sauce.

street_tacos_003.jpg

As I was making those I started up the pit with coastal oak and hickory. Then I played a little tetris fitting everything on the grill.

street_tacos_004.jpg

Fish and shrimp are done.

street_tacos_005.jpg

As well as the salsa.

street_tacos_006.jpg

Two of each for display.

street_tacos_007.jpg

Attachments

• street_tacos_003.jpg
    street_tacos_003.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 16
You had me until the avocado.
Appears you grilled pineapple. Next time try mango.

I had food truck fish taco for lunch yesterday. Good taco and boss paid for lunch.

My wife said "It needs avocado and added it. I'm not a huge fan of mango but my wife is.

It's always nice when the boss pays for lunch.

Looking back you can't really see the slaw so I will add a pic of it as well.

street_tacos_008.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
The chipotle sauce was a little on the thick side and I still had the can of peppers sitting there so I dumped what I made in the blender then doubled it up and added some half and half to thin it out a little. It still had the same great taste.

street_tacos_009.jpg

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Man oh man that shot of everything on the v-grate just calls to my heart! Just perfection!

Great looking tacos and nice grill.

Awesome cook . I agree on the loaded up grill comment .
Nice work .

Im with 02.....I think I could make that whole plate disappear quickly. And that grill pic...pure perfection!

Jim

Thank you all for your comments. I will say that The Santa Maria grill was a little expensive to buy but I have used it so much since it was installed that it has been worth every penny spent. It is well built and has lasted many more years than previous cheaper grills that I have had in the past.

flagstone_029.jpg

Man, this is one top notch thread! That all looks phenomenal… I would have zero issues putting half a dozen of those away! Nicely done and congrats on the well deserved ride!

On a side note, I am really digging your grill setup! 👍🏼

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Congrats on the ride! Great looking tacos and very complimentary sauces. I do similar although I typically use a base of Salvadoran crema or a combo of the crema and mayo.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky