Some skirt steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Pepper and Lowry's seasoned salt.Done in the MES with apple/hickory dust in the tube.Smoked to an IT of 115 and then reverse seared on the Q until medium rare.

Skirt and flank are one of the few things I never get tired of.That and wings.

Attachments

• 20210521_182122.jpg
    20210521_182122.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 50
Looks great. We like skirt steak and Flank steak also. Great stuff and was once inexpensive

Great stuff and was once inexpensive

The best price I've been able to find is $7.49lb. for the skirt.The flanks I've been seeing lately look about as good as a Steak-Um and about as thick.

Looks great. We like skirt steak and Flank steak also. Great stuff and was once inexpensive
It’s kind of like chicken wings. Used to be dirt cheap and now that they are popular they cost more than premium. parts lol.

Same deal with Tri and Ball Tips they used to go into the sausage pile not any longer now they rape people for them. I won't pay beef prices right now, no way in hell f I don't have it frozen already, I won't use it.
So for now I'll be eating lots of self caught seafood, along with store bought pork and fowl.

I guess I am just unlucky. We have puchased Skirt a few times, $7 -$9 per pound and even though cooked Med/Rare and sliced across the grain, ALL have been Shoe Leather!!! Just cooked 3 nice 2 pound Flank Steaks, a fav, at $8.49 per pound. Stiff but it was my B-day...JJ

Yes sir looks great. I agree JJ the last 3 that I tried were like John Wayne.... tough . But from the looks of your cook I will be trying them again!

Skirt steaks are rather thin so I've always cooked them hot and fast till medium rare. Also the grain runs along the short dimension of skirt steak, and therefore they should be sliced lengthwise for serving.

Skirt steaks are rather thin so I've always cooked them hot and fast till medium rare. Also the grain runs along the short dimension of skirt steak, and therefore they should be sliced lengthwise for serving.

All set.I'm good with the way I've been doing it the last hundred times.

Looks really good to me Norm. I've never tried skirt, but I love flank when I can find them on sale.

Point for sure
Chris

Curious, breaking in a new Woodwind 24 tonight with a small skirt steak, ~2 lbs.

Marinading in a teriyaki sauce in the 'fridge for at least 5-6 hours now.

What temp should I smoke it at and approximately how long do you think it'll take?

I'm going to reverse sear so likely taking off at IT of ~120 and using the propane grill for the sear...

Thanks in advance for any help! Beef is expensive these days...

I smoke to 115 and then reverse sear to desired done temp. But since you're going for a lower done temp you could take it off the smoker at say 110. Time isn't much,use an instant read therm for final IT temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky