Steak Fajita Trials...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The beef knuckles ( sirloin ) I buy get used for a lot of cooks . Just a great cut of beef .
I'll smoke the roast to 120 ish , then rest overnight . Then can be slice for sandwiches , or makes great stir fry .
View attachment 676604
View attachment 676606
Looks beeeeautiful. I am going to have to find out where I can get one and do one of my rotisserie cooks with it.

Reactions: chopsaw
I wasn't feeling too great the last few days so I wound up freezing the marinating butterflied sirloin for fajita that I had left - but I left one in the fridge and it continued to marinate (extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika, hot red chile powder, cumin, Mexican oregano, crushed fresh garlic, fresh squeezed lime juice, Kosher salt, AND, a diced ghost pepper (seeds removed)).

I just cooked it for breakfast with an egg and that steak was so tender that I cannot even describe it - it was fricken awesome. I think the lime juice in the marinade may be what did the trick!

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Lime juice and the kosher salt . I've found that seasoning then freezing really has a positive effect on beef and pork . Both for flavor and tenderness . Be interested to see what you think when you use the frozen .

Reactions: Retired Spook
Lime juice and the kosher salt . I've found that seasoning then freezing really has a positive effect on beef and pork . Both for flavor and tenderness . Be interested to see what you think when you use the frozen .
I've never frozen seasoned or marinating meat before - I just did not want to risk it going bad.

So, we'll see!

It would be great it it works because it would be nice to be able to process a bunch, then freeze it in ZipLocs, then take it out and thaw it out and have a nice meal - very easy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky