Smoking Pork Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goat4444

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
im gona smoke 3 slabs of ribs i know to remove the membrain and i know a dry rub but i have an electric smoker with hickory chunks that i will soak in water,it says 12.80pounds on the front and i think its 3 slabs but i figured about 6-8 hours smoken but can i add bbq sauce on the smoker any tips please help?

On the left hand side of the page you'll see a link to 3-2-1 ribs click on that and you should get plenty of info. As for saucing the ribs I usually serve it on the side but if you want to baste the ribs with sauce I would suggest doing it the last hour to keep it the sauce from caramelizing and burning

What Piney said about 3-2-1 ribs. It is almost foolproof. I like sauce glazed on my ribs. Since most sauces contain sugar, if you put the sauce on too soon, the sugar will scorch. Wait until the last hour

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky