Smoking a ham...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

volsfan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I bought about a 10lb cured, uncooked ham today and want to cook it in my WSM. Any suggestions for a good tender juicy smoked ham?

Jeff had directions on smoking a ham on the old site but I have not looked for his directions on the new site. I will look around. What I did was slather it in mustard then apply a rub and smoke it at around 250 until it hit 165 internal temp. It was awesome!

Here is a newsletter I wrote on the subject:

http://www.smoking-meat.com/march-2010-smoking-a-ham-for-easter.html

and...

Here is a video on smoking a ham.. sorry about the dude giving the spill but his method is pretty decent
icon_mrgreen.gif

I just realized that you said cured but uncooked.. you will be looking at about 45 minutes per pound at 225 degrees  F.

You can use the same process as in the video however it will take longer and you will need to cook it to an internal temp of 160 degrees.

Thanks guys. I will give a shot and let you know how it comes out...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky