Smoked Chuck Shepherds Pie & Beer Cheese Pretzels Bites

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never been a fan of Shepherd's Pie, but that looks delicious and could change my mind...JJ

Never been a fan of Shepherd's Pie, but that looks delicious and could change my mind...JJ
Thanks JJ and this isn't the standard Shepherds Pie......The standard is kind of the western ratatouille...this isn't that! .....brown beer/beef gravy with smoked beef and taters......

Growing up it was the Basic Betty Crocker style, Ground Beef with mixed Frozen Veg in Gravy, topped with Mashed Potatoes and baked. Edible and filling but not too exciting. I have looked at recipes similar to your's with the the traditional Lamb, but no Lamb fan's here besides me...JJ

Growing up it was the Basic Betty Crocker style, Ground Beef with mixed Frozen Veg in Gravy, topped with Mashed Potatoes and baked. Edible and filling but not too exciting. I have looked at recipes similar to your's with the the traditional Lamb, but no Lamb fan's here besides me...JJ

oh yea I can’t eat that basic style.....this stuff you could just put over toast with the mash on the side and bam bam! My wife did the roux, beef demi, chicken stock, about 2 tbs worch & tomato paste (she cooks the paste in with butter before the liquid to turn it a bit, then flour and finally liquids) and then the pan sauce & drippings.....oh and the beer. The little onions and carrots add the aromatics to the next level. She doesn’t measure anything, she just goes by look and taste. You could easily just put some creme fraiche in it and put it over toasts too. But when you match it with Gordon Rs mash you still get the creme f. in them so you get that creamy element in the mash that goes so well with a beef sauce...

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky