Smoked Chuck Chili…….Again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man! That looks fantastic! Trade ya a bowl of Salisbury steak, gravy and mashed potatoes for some chili.......
Thanks swamp and I think I would make that trade. I love me some Salisbury, fixens and gravy!
Now THAT is a great looking bowl of chili and it's time for me to look in the freezer and dig out a chuck...

Not before I get a plate of your steak, gravy and mashed potatoes...🤣
Thanks GS and a little smoke will give you some thing to trade for that Sals steak!
Now that will certainly warm the cockles of the heart AND soul !
Great looking bowl of chili 😍

Keith
Much appreciated Keith! It’s a bowl full of warmness for sure!
That's definitely going on the list !! Looks spectacular 👍👍
Many thanks jax! It’s a list meal in my book for sure!

Just a few more pics from leftover night. Our daughter came to dinner so we had to stretch it out a bit, so the wife mixed up some more chili roux……here is the butter, flour, and dry (spice ground) powder…. She is just adding the t- paste….
IMG_7406.jpeg

She cooks the paste in till it turns and smells amazing….
IMG_7409.jpeg

Once it changes colors she slowly adds beef broth and whips it into a nice sauce and brings it to boil to set the thickness…..
IMG_7411.jpeg

Since she already had some base she didn’t added any more of the refrigerated blender chilis.

I sliced and seared day old russets for the base and then repeat!….. oh except this time with some scratch corn bread muffins (Duffs Goldmans recipe)!!!
IMG_7413.jpeg

Sadly this tale is at and end as the while chuck and all the sauces chilies have been consumed!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky