Smoked Chicken Shawarma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sharpie83

Original poster
Jul 1, 2020
I used chicken thighs(apple wood smoked) and it turned out great. I was wondering if anyone had better sauce recipes. I used a tahini yogurt and once again realized I dont like tahini. And tzatziki sauce just didn't seem like the sauce I am used to.

Last edited:
Love tzatziki too but now and then we do grilled chicken kabobs and use Sabra hummus.

I used chicken thighs and it turned out great. I was wondering if anyone had better sauce recipes. I used a tahini yogurt and once again realized I dont like tahini. And tzatziki sauce just didn't seem like the sauce I am used to.
I personally love tahini, but if you don’t , you might try amba sauce. It’s an Israeli mango sauce. Very tasty and matches the flavor profile shawarma well.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I'm not sure what type of sauce you're looking for but I ate at Raising Canes once when I was in Louisiana and loved their sauce.
We make a version of Shawarma at our house over rice or salad and this is my go to sauce for it.
It's a copycat of Canes.

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
The kids love it.

Here is a simple yogurt sauce that goes well with Shawarma. I would post the link, but I'm not sure if that is allowed. The shawarma recipe that goes with this sauce is awesome too.

1 cup greek yogurt
1 garlic clove
1 tsp cumin
Squeeze of lemon just
salt and pepper to taste

Reactions: jcam222
Here is a simple yogurt sauce that goes well with Shawarma. I would post the link, but I'm not sure if that is allowed. The shawarma recipe that goes with this sauce is awesome too.

1 cup greek yogurt
1 garlic clove
1 tsp cumin
Squeeze of lemon just
salt and pepper to taste
Thanks I will have to try this one

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky