Chicken Parm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great! Maybe since it's considered not real italian but surprised you never had it. Granted ours is a stripped down version with frozen breaded but chicken parm is basically weekly/week night for us with a nice big italian salad. Our is based in a local joint that closed up long ago and they used smoked provolone on top.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
! Gotta make that again soon,
Thanks for the inspiration Ray . I'll probably do it again next week .
Appreciate the comment .
Looks excellant Rich, that's one if my favorite meals.
Thanks Jim . It's a nice change of pace for sure .
great looking meal!
Thank you sir .
Nice job! I'll take a chicken parm with a side of chicken parm please!
Lol . Sounds good to me .
I have never made chicken Parm. But I am feeling inspired now.

that plate looks fabulous!
Thank bud . Appreciate it .
Looks great!
Thanks Sam .
surprised you never had it.
You know , it's something I knew of , but never really thought about having .
Not sure why . I'll be doing more of it . Maybe change it up a bit .

We love chicken parm. And yours looks amazing! My goal is to make it in such a way that the breading doesn't get soggy. I'll brown the chicken as you did to it's nice and crispy breading. Preheat the sauce. Then add the sauce and cheese. And brown it under the broiler.
Another way I love is using cubed chicken if you can find it.

looks amazing!
Thanks bud .
My goal is to make it in such a way that the breading doesn't get soggy.
Try finishing it in the oven . Just brown in the pan , then spoon the sauce just on the top . Add the cheese and bake to get the finish IT . Then decide if the cheese needs more melting or color .
Serve more sauce on the side .
I used about 3 TBL. on top , and that was enough for us .

Nice work. One of my favorites. I agree the pan fry is essential. Tried a few times with air fryer or just baked and it was okay but pan fry helps a ton.

Never had chicken parm before . @sawhorseray Ray showed me how he does it , and inspired me to make some tonight . Used the mid 60's Revere ware skillet I got at the Goodwill . That thing is the best pan I've ever used for doing this .
Right to the point ,
Pounded out a couple chicken breast . Floured them up , and let them sit 30 minutes or so .
Egg and water wash , then into Panko bread crumbs .
Regular Crisco in the pan .
View attachment 689125
Brown and flip . Presentation side is all you really need . Don't over cook them by waiting for the second side to color up .
View attachment 689126
Pulled out of the pan at an IT of 135 .
2 TBL. of red sauce . Shredded parm , then shredded motz .
On a foil lined sheet pan and into an oven preheated to 400 .
When the IT was 162 , I went under the broiler to brown the cheese .
Pretty darn good . Chicken was super tender and not dry at all .
Be doing this again soon . Side of Bucatini ( spaghetti with a whole through the middle )
Nice chew on the pasta .
View attachment 689127
Damn, not sure how I missed this, but it sure looks kill'er.
I love damn near anything done parm. style. Chicken, veal, eggplant, zucchini, halibut, and Bucatini is by far my favorite spaghetti style pasta.
The only thing we do different is add grated parm and chopped parsley to the breadcrumbs and a few super thin slices of garlic to the cooking oil, it basically melts into the oil.

Love the pan, and great job on the meal, mangia, mangia, as my Noni used to say when it was time to get our eat on.

Nice work, as usual.
Dan.

Reactions: indaswamp
sure looks kill'er.
Thanks Dan .
The only thing we do different is add grated parm and chopped parsley to the breadcrumbs
Yup . Do the same quite often . We've been using Pecorino a lot lately . My Son has several hard " parm style " cheeses that he uses . He makes a legit alfredo sauce . Butter , parm , and pasta water . I like the garlic steeped in the oil too .
My wife's Father's side is full Italian . Real deal Italian . The sauce , meatballs , ravioli and the pasta dough . I have the recipes passed down from her Grandma .
forktender forktender Fried Cardoons , have you had them ? Don't know many that have , but guessing you know about it . My gosh they're good .

Reactions: indaswamp
Not sure how I missed this either, great job Rich! I would throw down that dinner and make a chix parm hero (sub, grinder, whatever) the next day. Never heard of he pasta but it certainly makes sense.

Thanks Dan .

Yup . Do the same quite often . We've been using Pecorino a lot lately . My Son has several hard " parm style " cheeses that he uses . He makes a legit alfredo sauce . Butter , parm , and pasta water . I like the garlic steeped in the oil too .
My wife's Father's side is full Italian . Real deal Italian . The sauce , meatballs , ravioli and the pasta dough . I have the recipes passed down from her Grandma .
forktender forktender Fried Cardoons , have you had them ? Don't know many that have , but guessing you know about it . My gosh they're good .
Pecorino, and hard Asiago are my favorite cheeses.

Heck yeah I love fried Cardoon, my family calls it Cardoni, a little lemon and grated cheese, is all I need. I haven't had it in years, I need to fix that soon.

Have you ever had Sfingi? It's a Sicilian drop doughnut that is covered in cinnamon sugar or sometimes stuffed with Cannoli filling, then topped with powdered sugar. We pretty much only make them on Christmas morning and New Years Eve. They go great with an Espresso or strong cup of coffee.
I call them "my fat pills". I hate making Cannoli shells, absolutely hate it, but my parents are getting pretty old mid 80s, I'm going to surprise them this Christmas with fresh made Cannolis. I have to figure out a way to get the recipe from my mom, my little recipe box got lost during our last move.
I'll tell her my friends wife would like it, or something like that. :emoji_laughing:

my family calls it Cardoni,
They did too , and that's what I call it . Had to google the spelling and came up with Cardoon , lol . I think they were / are Sicilian . Never had the donut , but they did make Cannoli .
The Aunts name was Grace . Recently passed away , but Christmas was at her house and the food was insane . Sadly most of them have passed .

They did too , and that's what I call it . Had to google the spelling and came up with Cardoon , lol . I think they were / are Sicilian . Never had the donut , but they did make Cannoli .
The Aunts name was Grace . Recently passed away , but Christmas was at her house and the food was insane . Sadly most of them have passed .
Most have passed around here as well, and my Mom is really slowing down her cooking, she's still can out cook me at 85 yrs old though. I wish I would have paid more attention to her when I was younger.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky