Butter Pork ( smoked pork in Indian butter sauce )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We're big fans of Indian dishes - especially butter chicken. It took me a long time, but I eventually found a good butter chicken recipe so we could replace the bottled stuff. Certainly willing to share if you're interested.

Thanks nlife for the comment

I am also. So many different profiles in their foods.

Yes I never say no to recipes, thank you.

David

Looks pretty good, David. I'm not a real big fan of Indian cuisine, but I'd give that a try for sure. Wife says our taste buds change every 7 years, don't know where she got that from...probably facebook, so maybe it's time to revisit some of the foods that I've avoided...

Looks pretty good, David. I'm not a real big fan of Indian cuisine, but I'd give that a try for sure. Wife says our taste buds change every 7 years, don't know where she got that from...probably facebook, so maybe it's time to revisit some of the foods that I've avoided...

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment.

Ha ha about facebook comment. I get that around these parts also, if it is there . It must be true. Not saying it is not :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

It was a good meal , and the pork was a good choice. There are some flavours in a lot of different foods I find it hard to like , so I get that.

Like I don't understand why my wife loves Lobster and scallops ,or clams , mussels....I just don't understand ha ha

David

I've attached the recipe with a bunch of notes that my wife and I made on the recipe. Mine is the chicken scratch! I added a few things since the original recipe was pretty close, but needed that something extra to push it over the top.

Attachments

• Vijaya Selvaraju Butter Chicken with additions.pdf
    399.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I've attached the recipe with a bunch of notes that my wife and I made on the recipe. Mine is the chicken scratch! I added a few things since the original recipe was pretty close, but needed that something extra to push it over the top.
Thank you , I will add to list and give it a whirl.

David

Reactions: nlife
That sure is one delicious looking meal David. I could see myself parked in front of a plate or two.

Point for sure
Chris

Butter Pork ( smoked pork in Indian butter sauce )

Had some left over smoked pork, and had a craving for butter chicken, said to myself .... self , try with pork.
Cut up the pork in bite size pieces, simmered in water with vinegar and Lawrys seasoning for approx. an hour. To make it even more tender like chicken.

Chopped up mini corn , onions and green peppers, fried the pork again , added the butter sauce . Steamed up some rice . and warm Naan bread

Nice meal , had a little kick to it .

View attachment 689702 View attachment 689704 View attachment 689703

View attachment 689705 View attachment 689710 View attachment 689706
View attachment 689707 View attachment 689708

Nice , and will do again but with a smoked chicken also.

Thanks for looking

David
Jeezus...... There is no way that thing is real!

It's a thing of beauty really.

Great work David!

Brad

Jeezus...... There is no way that thing is real!

It's a thing of beauty really.

Great work David!

Brad

Thanks Brad for the like and the comment

Yes sir it is real, lol
It was a very nice meal, and I was on an Indian flavour kick for a few weeks. and have a few more to try.
My other one was a nice treat also

Thanks for looking

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky