Smoked Cabbage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've always wondered about it and your coring it out and adding "stuff" to the middle solves the problem. Shoot, now I'm thinking core out extra big and add bacon, sausage slices, peppers, cheese and on an on. Start out by getting it hot and then start adding things. Wrap 3 hours in and add some...hot sauce....broth...aujou... or maybe something else (V8?) to steam it with!
points.gif

I have cut a cabbage into wedges, butter or olive oiled em', salt and pepper then wrapped in a slice of bacon and then a double wrap of foil. toss em on the hottest part of your grill. my guess is they don't take as long as a whole cabbage...

I've always wondered about it and your coring it out and adding "stuff" to the middle solves the problem. Shoot, now I'm thinking core out extra big and add bacon, sausage slices, peppers, cheese and on an on. Start out by getting it hot and then start adding things. Wrap 3 hours in and add some...hot sauce....broth...aujou... or maybe something else (V8?) to steam it with!
points.gif

Now you're talking! I think that a cored-out cabbage could have endless possibilities for fillings.I haven't done up a cabbage on the smoker yet, but have done several on the grill. I've filled with Bush's baked beans, or Onions in Kraft BBQ sauce before and they were tasty.

I like options, and a cabbage gives me options. I believe there will be one going in the old ECB in the not-so-distant future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky