Basic Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I had grabbed some of the BB ribs last week for $1.77/lb. with my newly discovered Kroger hack thanks to dr k dr k . Decided to season up a couple of racks with a homemade rub and onto the smoker for a few hours...
20240215_144747[1].jpg

After a few hours, getting some color and a little pull back so time to glaze. Couple of coats of Kinder's Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce because I had it and my wife likes it...
20240215_173649[1].jpg

Maybe another couple of hours and they're done...
20240215_180443[1].jpg

To go along with the ribs, I braised some cabbage. A head sliced about ¼", some slivered carrots, an onion diced, and some of my buckboard bacon fried crispy and chopped. The carrots were actually crinkle cut fresh carrots that I just chopped into slivers, I had them already so why not? Braising liquid was 1 cup apple juice and ¼ cup ACV, mixed...
20240215_161201[1].jpg

I fried the bacon and then sauteed the onion in the fat...
20240215_144606[1].jpg
Wasn't much fat so I added a tablespoon of bacon grease...
20240215_165625[1].jpg

Once the onions were getting soft, I added the shredded cabbage and sauteed it...
20240215_171546[1].jpg

Once the cabbage was wilted, I added in the carrots and the apple juice/ACV mix. Seasoned with kosher salt and course ground black pepper to taste...
20240215_172858[1].jpg

This was brought to a boil, heat reduced and allowed to simmer for maybe 10 minutes covered. Then uncovered for 5 minutes. Boiled up some corn from the freezer (which I'm about out of)...
20240215_160916[1].jpg

Cut the ribs...
20240215_180816[1].jpg

Everything is ready, time to eat. The chopped up bacon is added to the cabbage on the plate...
20240215_183444[1].jpg

Pretty simple, basic meal that was enjoyed by my zoo...

Fantastic meal there Charles. Nice work.

Looks fantastic !!

Oh Yeah!!! What a Killer looking meal!! Everything looks Amazing!

Everything looks damn good Charles!

Dave

Great Charles, now that is a full meal deal for sure.

David

That’s a fine looking meal Charles. Nice work bud

Nice cook Charles !

Nice Charles, ribs done to my liking!

Looks great, and $1.77 /lb is a hell of a deal. Nice work all around

A simply perfect meal! I’d tear that up and lick the fine china.

Jim
Thank you all for your more than generous comments, they are greatly appreciated. I've been quite busy lately and today was no exception. Haven't had a lot of time to catch up on here, but maybe next week.

Again, thank you all...😃

That looks to be some mighty fine eating. I am sure the zoo was happy.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I had grabbed some of the BB ribs last week for $1.77/lb. with my newly discovered Kroger hack thanks to dr k dr k . Decided to season up a couple of racks with a homemade rub and onto the smoker for a few hours...
View attachment 688868
After a few hours, getting some color and a little pull back so time to glaze. Couple of coats of Kinder's Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce because I had it and my wife likes it...
View attachment 688869
Maybe another couple of hours and they're done...
View attachment 688870

To go along with the ribs, I braised some cabbage. A head sliced about ¼", some slivered carrots, an onion diced, and some of my buckboard bacon fried crispy and chopped. The carrots were actually crinkle cut fresh carrots that I just chopped into slivers, I had them already so why not? Braising liquid was 1 cup apple juice and ¼ cup ACV, mixed...
View attachment 688874
I fried the bacon and then sauteed the onion in the fat...
View attachment 688878Wasn't much fat so I added a tablespoon of bacon grease...
View attachment 688875
Once the onions were getting soft, I added the shredded cabbage and sauteed it...
View attachment 688876
Once the cabbage was wilted, I added in the carrots and the apple juice/ACV mix. Seasoned with kosher salt and course ground black pepper to taste...
View attachment 688877
This was brought to a boil, heat reduced and allowed to simmer for maybe 10 minutes covered. Then uncovered for 5 minutes. Boiled up some corn from the freezer (which I'm about out of)...
View attachment 688879
Cut the ribs...
View attachment 688880
Everything is ready, time to eat. The chopped up bacon is added to the cabbage on the plate...
View attachment 688881

Pretty simple, basic meal that was enjoyed by my zoo...
What a feast! Everything looks great and probably tasty as heck.

Your eating well these days Charles. That meal looks great!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky