Sausage maker in training

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by scarbelly, Mar 24, 2010.

1. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Just had to post this one - my 6 year old grandson loves to help with cooking and here he is helping us make Chorizo

Here is the finished grind - this went into chorizo and eggs and was gone in one sitting - we did have 12 for breakfast

2. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    ignoring that child labor law are ya? it's good to get them started early...that's how i did it.....up on a stool!

3. scarbelly

And look where it took you LOL - maybe I need to rethink this one

4. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    yup......git that lil' one in school or he'll turn up like me!

5. northern greenhorn

northern greenhorn Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

A young start, will only lead to him being a master by the time he's an adult.

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You can feed them fish and he will get full but if you teach him to fish he will never be hungry again. Great Job there Scarbelly.

7. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Scarbelly,

It's great to see you're so proud of your Grandkids!!!

My kids love to help too.....

As long as it's cool to hang out with Me, I'll take it!!!

Todd

8. jak757

jak757 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

I think there is very little that brings families together quite like cooking. You are giving him not only skills, but experiences that will last a lifetime. I'm 52, and still have dear and fond memories of cooking with my grandfather. Wonderful job!

The family that stuffs together....stays together? (ok, maye a bit corny there I know...).

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Spider-chef of the future!

BC

Todd,
    Great lookin' pair of helpers you got too!!!

BC

10. scarbelly

Wow Todd that is cool - we have 9 grandkids from 5-19 and they all cook with us - Good looking young men you have there
    Gary

11. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Gary,

We all have to take a few minutes to put our kids and grandkids first. These are memories that will stick with them forever. Hopefully you've created a tradition that your grandkids pass on down to their kids.

TJ

12. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yall teachin em somthin they can use the rest a there life, good fer you!

Gotta get they younger generation involved in this craft, cause there ain't many folks what know how ta do it much any more.