Busted pork chop dinner, how to fix it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been using the SV for thick chops then searing them off in a CI skillet. Predictable results every time. If there is something on the planet I hate worse than Canada goose crap all over the place, it's a dry pork chop.
I SV chops @ 145° for a couple hours (add an hour if frozen) then a quick sear, mostly with a torch and they are perfect every time. I add what seasonings I want to the chops before vac sealing and just pull the seasoned chop out and into the bath.

I'll have to look for CSS. Think we have a GFS in the next town.
I buy all my seasonings at Gordon's food service , but it can be any brand .
The Trade East stuff has dill and celery seed in it . Works magic on whole muscle meat . I use it on chicken too . The stuff comes out extremely juicy .

Reactions: schlotz
Sorry to hear Matt, but I am surprised as I use Soya and Br. sugar a lot ,
maybe it was the vinegar like said above , or just a little too high on the finish temp.

Like Ray sawhorseray sawhorseray mentioned. Can always add a dipping sauce to your plate to help moisten up the dryness.

But I must say they did look good.

David

Sorry to hear Matt, but I am surprised as I use Soya and Br. sugar a lot ,
maybe it was the vinegar like said above , or just a little too high on the finish temp.

Like Ray sawhorseray sawhorseray mentioned. Can always add a dipping sauce to your plate to help moisten up the dryness.

But I must say they did look good.

David
Thanks David. Thinking now that along with going to a salt, water brine first, I'll use just the soy + brown sugar mixture as a baste.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Lot of information here and many forget that a chop is part of the loin and will give the same problems as the loin which we see many times on here.

Warren

It works . If you want to take it to the next level , season up with the Steak seasoning , vac pack and freeze for a couple weeks to a month . Thaw and grill .
Rich, I found the CSS at the local GFS. Next go around I'll run one chop with it dry brined for 4 hours while the others will be wet brined. GFS is a weird place though. Kind of a cross between a restaurant supply, cosco and Aldi's. Almost picked up a 15# brisket but the flat end was way to thin and trimming would have been extensive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky