Prep'in My 1st Boston Pork Shoulder!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hobbyzone

Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Alaska
Well its a lil 5lb'r smutherd in Mustard and dry rubb (went with a pre-made K.C. rubb (I KNOW I KNOW TREASON BURN EM) but it smells and tastes great and I dont have any homemade reciepes
confused.gif
), if anybody has a homemade rubb reciepe they wouldnt mind sharing I would appreciate it! I plan on kicking it off around 7am (AK time) and given er a good 8 hours of cook time sticking to "Meowey's" cooking method & lots of Hickory then finishing it with Jeff's finishing "sauce" (got all the ingredients today!)
Wish me luck and I will update with pics as she cooks tommorrow!

smokin%20001.jpg

Good luck, it looks like a fool proof beginning and game plan. Don't bet on the 8 hrs, thats all the added info I can think of for ya. You just never know how long it will take,
icon_smile.gif

Looks like a great start you should find a link to Jeff's rub and sauce at the top of the page well worth the money. Don't forget to post us Qview tomorrow

Will do, Thanks!
Lemme make sure this is the correct rub recipe;

1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 cup Paprika
1/2 cup Celery Salt
2 Tbsps. Granulated Garlic
1/2 Tbsp. Mustard Powder
1/2 Tbsp. White Pepper
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 tsps. Ground Thyme
1/2 tsp. Salt

yes?

It looks good from here, play around with different rubs, or tweak them till you find the right combo. It's a great feeling when the Q comes out better than you imagined.

All Right....It came out WonDerFull!!!! Thank You all for you tips and advice and brotherly support!! Best BBQ made in our home ever and I'm only getting started. I want to upgrade smokers, my Brinkman electric is almost impossible to keep a consistent temp. I mainly use the electric to get the wood burning then shut it down, if it dies out I repeat. So any suggestions on a affordable upgrade lemme hear em!
Anyway here it is..took about 9hrs and the wife made mac and cheese (a recipe we got from BBQ1 in GA and is delicious) I can post the recipe if anybody is interested.
Again Thanks Everyone

smokin%20001.jpg

smokin%20002.jpg

smokin%20003.jpg

smokin%20004.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky