Apple cider injection for pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squatchin

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 21, 2022
Ohio

Recipe​

Ingredients​

• 4 cups apple cider
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 5 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon fine ground black pepper

Directions​

Combine ingredients into sauce pan. Put lid on pan. Heat to dissolve sugar and salt. Set aside and allow to cool.

Comments​

My sister asked me to do a big batch of pulled pork for my BIL's birthday. I had some homemade apple cider that was starting to get a little snappy, so I decided to fortify it with sugar and use it as a pork injection. I think it turned out really good; I'm going to keep tinkering with this one. I could detect an aroma of apples when eating the pork. It wasn't remarkably sweet, and it wasn't remarkably salty. Next time I might add more salt and some honey. Probably best to add sugar gradually and taste as you go to avoid it getting too sweet (like I said, the cider I used was getting a little snappy, so it wasn't extremely sweet at the get-go).

I also served this batch of pork with JJ's finishing sauce, which got a lot of compliments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky