Reunited with my grills (pulled pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Well unfortunately we had to move from Michigan to Maryland. Movers picked up our household goods June 19th. And we got them delivered July 10th. Finally settled in enough to do some cooking. We all agreed on pulled pork for the first cook and Food Lion (I call the store the Shitty Kitty) had Boston butts on sale for .99cents/lb so I grabbed two and got to cooking. Used the snake method with chunks of apple underneath the charcoal.I got them on just after 6am and pulled the last one around 4:30. Temp was pretty consistent around 250* and only had to adjust the bottom vent once. The kkettle is so consistent and easy.

Mixed up my version of Jeff’s rub the night before so it was ready to go in the morning.
IMG_4895.jpeg

Got them all rubbed up
IMG_4898.jpeg

On to the kettle
IMG_4899.jpeg

Threw in some spicy sausage for lunch
IMG_4900.jpeg

Here they are just before wrapping
IMG_4904.jpeg

Mixed up some of JJ’s finishing sauce and a spicy finishing sauce for mine
IMG_4905.jpeg

Pulled them at 205* first one that came off rested for about an hour before everyone was starving so we ate that one first and sent some to our neighbor who has brought us stuff before. But here is the second one all done after about a 2 hour rest and the finished product.
IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0860.jpeg

IMG_4914.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Stocking the freezer now!

Attachments

• IMG_4914.jpeg
    IMG_4914.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
Congrats on the first cook in the new home place. Looks mighty good. And I’m sure the neighbors were appreciative of the meal.

Jim

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Glad you're getting settled and able to start cooking again! Great looking PP and I also love the finishing sauce.
Hopefully you'll learn to like Food Lion as they do have some decent sales and have started carrying Swift brand Tri Tips.

Keith

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Very nice!
Can’t beat those kettles!
Al

Al you really can’t. One of the main reasons I got the 26” kettle was for the room if my 22” couldn’t provide. Even after having 2 MES 30’s, 22” WSM, and a Traeger I still found myself using my 22” kettle bc of how easy it is to set up/clean up after cooks and control temp. They truly are the best of all worlds. Not a stick burner but not nearly as needy either

Congrats on the first cook in the new home place. Looks mighty good. And I’m sure the neighbors were appreciative of the meal.

Jim
Thanks J. He is an older gentleman and has brought us a few small things like stuff for the kids and seems like a nice guy so we figured we would hook him up when we can so show him thanks.
Glad you're getting settled and able to start cooking again! Great looking PP and I also love the finishing sauce.
Hopefully you'll learn to like Food Lion as they do have some decent sales and have started carrying Swift brand Tri Tips.

Keith

Thanks Keith definitely a good feeling getting settled in. I do like food lion. My first unit out of boot camp was in Virginia when I first met Food Lion, my boss at the time was redneck as hell and referred to the store as “shitty kitty” (I think it was just a redneck joke). and it just always stick with me haha. We love having it so close. And you are correct about the tritip. I picked up a 3lb one and have it in the freezer for a weekend cook. Pretty shocked to see it so available here in the east coast.

Cook looks great and glad to hear all the smokers/grills made the trip safely.

Thank you. The 26” kettle was a little bent out of shape when they unpacked us. I was able to make a claim for it. But also bend it back into shape. We shall see how the claim goes.

Happy to read they survived the move process.

Thanks. Like I told chp. There is a little story to the 26” kettle

Looks fantastic. My favorite thing about pulled pork is the leftovers. Enjoy!

Man you’re not lying. Made some nachos the next day with leftovers.

IMG_4934.jpeg

Maybe you will be able to get another Weber as a result of the damage to yours. Anything you are looking for?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky