INKBIRD INT-11P-B review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq ran the deal the other day on their new wireless probe. So I ordered one. Here is my review.
IMG_1480.jpeg IMG_1481.jpeg IMG_1482.jpeg
came nicely packaged. I like the case, which is also the charging base. Interesting thing is the case is also the repeater for the bluetooth. According to the directions it’s got to be 15m or closer to the probe. Then according to the website it has a range of about 280 ft from the case to the phone. So there is no running to the store and watching your cook. It paired right up with the Inkbird app I already had for the 4 probe I already have. The app does ask for your location to be on. I believe that is for the weather data that is displayed. It works fine without allowing access to the camera or contacts. I will tell ya, the manual that came with it is printed in a font that is so small it’s near unreadable. And its not available online where it might be easier to read.
This is my last overnight shift on my side gig for a while. Got the ladies I work with spoiled as I’m always cooking something to eat. they decided since I’m not going to be working over night with them for a while I owed them brisket. So I got two flats from Kroger’s and figured this would be a good test.
used my 4 probe on one and the wireless on the other. And had one probe running for as a chamber probe.
IMG_1484.png IMG_1485.png
I like the graphics on the wireless. The ambient temp was way off. As you can see by the temp on the 4 probe (number 4). As the cook went on the two ambients began to even out. Not quite sure why that is.
IMG_1486.png IMG_1487.png
Oh and I should mention, before I started all this I calibrated all my probes with boiling water. The wireless gave a high temp alarm during this. Seems the max internal temp is 212 degrees. Learned that on the website. And the ambient max is over 500 degrees. So it will be good to use in a rotisserie.
The probe was $75 on Amazon and Inkbird had a discount code that brought it down to $48 for me. For that price I can’t complain. I like it and will use it again.
BTW, the flats are moist tender and gonna be good eating! My ladies will be happy.

Jim

Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq ran the deal the other day on their new wireless probe. So I ordered one. Here is my review.
View attachment 680789View attachment 680790View attachment 680791
came nicely packaged. I like the case, which is also the charging base. Interesting thing is the case is also the repeater for the bluetooth. According to the directions it’s got to be 15m or closer to the probe. Then according to the website it has a range of about 280 ft from the case to the phone. So there is no running to the store and watching your cook. It paired right up with the Inkbird app I already had for the 4 probe I already have. The app does ask for your location to be on. I believe that is for the weather data that is displayed. It works fine without allowing access to the camera or contacts. I will tell ya, the manual that came with it is printed in a font that is so small it’s near unreadable. And its not available online where it might be easier to read.
This is my last overnight shift on my side gig for a while. Got the ladies I work with spoiled as I’m always cooking something to eat. they decided since I’m not going to be working over night with them for a while I owed them brisket. So I got two flats from Kroger’s and figured this would be a good test.
used my 4 probe on one and the wireless on the other. And had one probe running for as a chamber probe.
View attachment 680794View attachment 680795
I like the graphics on the wireless. The ambient temp was way off. As you can see by the temp on the 4 probe (number 4). As the cook went on the two ambients began to even out. Not quite sure why that is.
View attachment 680796View attachment 680797
Oh and I should mention, before I started all this I calibrated all my probes with boiling water. The wireless gave a high temp alarm during this. Seems the max internal temp is 212 degrees. Learned that on the website. And the ambient max is over 500 degrees. So it will be good to use in a rotisserie.
The probe was $75 on Amazon and Inkbird had a discount code that brought it down to $48 for me. For that price I can’t complain. I like it and will use it again.
BTW, the flats are moist tender and gonna be good eating! My ladies will be happy.

Jim
Thanks for the review. I "might "have to look into these!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard

Jim
I think the probe has to be used inserted into meat which keeps the battery and board in the stem from frying above 212* that's why the stem is much thicker than std thin and needle like tips of all others. So don't set it in a cooker by itself. The close proximity to cooler meat at the beginning with the stick ambient therm since the probe has to be inserted to the given lines on the probe will be lower than an ambient probe a little farther from the food and the stick will get closer to the other probe ambient temp as meat heats. Maybe the same app I already have for the Inkbird Sous Vide is for this device. Hopefully no crashing of the app over time like the BBQ GO Inkbird BT crap app. Give it a year and update this thread. Inkbird used to give away devices for a review and said you won't be eligible for future giveaways if no review but you should be able to use it a year for a decent review before they black ball you for something for free without an instant praise of their products. This is a good price but I have an unused 1,500 ft RF 4 probe Inkbird IRF-4S to break in first. I'm hoping this stick therm stays connected and turns out to be reliable after 1, 2, 3+ years.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Jim.
I want ahead and jumped the gun and ordered one this morning so I’m glad you like it. I’ll have to check mine out next weekend.
Mike

Jim I'm feeling dense tonight , how far off was the wireless probe ambient temp vs your 4 probe?
It started out 25 degrees off....But as the cook went on it evened out.....I dont know if the ambient sensor on the wireless being so close to the cold mass of the meat affected it or what.

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks for the review Jim. I hadn't seen the Ink bird version yet. I sure like my Therm*Pro TempSpike.

Jim
Good review. Wish Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq had better documentation on where the internal and ambient temps are read. It ought to be interesting on my rotisserie, where i use a rear infrared burner whether it goes apeshit as the rotisserie turns and the ambient temp get closer and further from the burner. Did you figure our where the the ambient is actually read?

fxsales1959 fxsales1959 it reads from the very end of the probe. Im thinking that the cold mass of the meat was throwing off the reading.

Jim

Thanks for the review Jim. Mine id due this week, and I will share my results as well. I'll be using on the Rotisserie, so we'll see how it goes. Ambient temp fluxuations don't bother me that much as long as the meat temps are reasonably accurate.

Reactions: fxsales1959
If it is anything like my TempSpike the IT temp will be spot on from the beginning and the ambient temp will get closer to actual as the cook goes on. I'm sure the Inkbird is a good thermometer.
Isn't it great having them as a sponsor?!

If it is anything like my TempSpike the IT temp will be spot on from the beginning and the ambient temp will get closer to actual as the cook goes on. I'm sure the Inkbird is a good thermometer.
Isn't it great having them as a sponsor?!
Man it is. And the products I've gotten from them have been great.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky