PGSmoker's - Reverse Seared Tenderloin Steaks - Heavy Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
It was an absolutely beautiful day in Central/Southern Virginia today - so naturally I wanted to get the grill out!

While Steph went shopping with her buddy, Trevor and I headed to the meat market and picked up about $40.00 worth of Tenderloin beef steaks...the thickest we could find - about 3" thick!

Here they are with a light coat of EVOO and just a touch of Lowry's Seasoned Salt

Into the smoker - the AMNS is about half full of Pitmaster's Choice dust

At about 110* and ready to pull off the smoker

Ready for the grill

Firin' up the Weber Kettle

On the grill - look at that gorgeous meat and them hot coals!  A match made in heaven - meat heaven!

Man I was so hungry they almost didn't make it in the house!

Plated - beautiful medium rare, baked tater and broccoli 

If you have never tried it...Reverse Searing steaks is the ONLY way to eat good beef!!!!

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Reactions: goingcamping
As always...you and Trevor are making some good lookin' stuff down your way. I was rushing (Had to go to Boulder to show a few homes to some good friends), got back at about 3:45...cleaned/injected and tossed on the smoker a beer can chicken (sans beer can) and a dozen hot wings. I'll snap a pic or two and post separately!

I'm gonna give those a try sometime this week?

Happy Smokin'

~Brett

Yep! Looks like you nailed it again!

first.gif

Thanks guys!

As good as they looked they tasted even better!!!!  Seriously, if you haven't tried the reverse sear, do it soon!!!

Bill

Oh Bill.....glad I didnt see this till now! You would have needed one more steak!

Looks beautiful! Yeah....green things on that plate too! :drool

Amazing as expected!

Kat

Oops meant to add that with the mini-wsm you can pull off the smoke chamber stoke the charcoal and transfer the cooking grate and steaks. No need for another appliance or starting new charcoal to get the sear done! Love the Mini!

Oh Bill.....glad I didnt see this till now! You would have needed one more steak!

Looks beautiful! Yeah....green things on that plate too!
drool.gif

Amazing as expected!

Kat
Thanks Kat!
Great Looking reverse sear! The only way to do steaks!
Thanks DS!
Oops meant to add that with the mini-wsm you can pull off the smoke chamber stoke the charcoal and transfer the cooking grate and steaks. No need for another appliance or starting new charcoal to get the sear done! Love the Mini!
Yeah, I know.  As it is, this was still pretty easy getting the electric ready and then transferring to the Weber Kettle. I suppose you could say the same for the Big Green Egg - but at a lot more cost than the mini!

Cooked perfectly!! Now I have to go find something to eat!
Thanks Alesia!
They came out looking great. Reverse sear...the best.
Thanks...the reverse sear just adds so much flavor!
Wow! That is something I'll definitely have to try. Thanks for sharing.
It's very easy to do and you'll never want your steaks any other way!
Nice job. This has been on my checklist for a while so it's good to see other tutorials as I work up to it. Thanks and nice job.
Thanks...stop thinking and start cooking...way to easy to wait!
Those came out looking great.  Reverse sear is the way to go!!!!
Thanks Dave!  I agree.

Bill

Ya, I know...I am am about 2 weeks behind on this thread...but those steaks look absolutely amazing!!!  I just assembled my smoker this week and hope the weather holds this weekend for curing. I was wanting to smoke some chicken and baby back ribs, but I may try the reverse sear steaks first now.  How long did you sear them on the Weber Kettle?  I have the same thing.

Ya, I know...I am am about 2 weeks behind on this thread...but those steaks look absolutely amazing!!!  I just assembled my smoker this week and hope the weather holds this weekend for curing. I was wanting to smoke some chicken and baby back ribs, but I may try the reverse sear steaks first now.  How long did you sear them on the Weber Kettle?  I have the same thing.
About two minutes on each side - and these steaks had four sides as you can see from the pics!  When you can stand a steak up on its side...that is a thick steak!!!
Those steaks look fantastic. I totally agree reverse searing works great on steaks AND with burgers.
Thanks guys!  They were totally amazing!  I have two more in the freezer just waitin' their turn!!!  Never tried it with burgers.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky