Pastrami Jerkey??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

30" Jim

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 9, 2017
I am looking for comments on my idea!
I have made very good Jerky from an eye of round and I have made very good Pastrami from a Corned Beef eye of round.
Those successes, have me wondering what Pastrami Jerky would be like.
The plan is to start with a corned beef eye, slice it, cut it into strips and coat them with my pastrami seasoning mix. I would then dehydrate/smoke in the same way that I have made my other jerky batches.
Good idea?
Bad idea?
Give me your thoughts.

Thanks Al,
My 1st Pastrami was from an eye using your recipe for the brine. Turned out great. The one I made for Saturday started with a commercial corned beef.

Thanks Al,
My 1st Pastrami was from an eye using your recipe for the brine. Turned out great. The one I made for Saturday started with a commercial corned beef.
I have done this before with good results. It is a interesting taste quite good I thought. I do not let it get real hard because I like my jerky a little chewy. Piker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky