No Katz a Snake will have to do.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks pretty darned good - can't wait to see the sandwich pics :emoji_thumbsup:
I’m tempted to use one of these. The wife made them from her Sourdough starter discard this morning. They just came out of the oven. She has sourdough sandwich bread going.
IMG_6748.jpeg

Tell your wife those bagels look terrific!!!
I'll be starting my "sourdough binge week" tomorrow. Lots to make.

Reactions: flatbroke
Tell your wife those bagels look terrific!!!
I'll be starting my "sourdough binge week" tomorrow. Lots to make.
I sure will. Thank you. And have fun with the binge week! Edit# My wife said “Awe, thank you”.

What I would give for a real garlic bagel (toasted) with cream cheese and lox...

They look real good - your wife is an artist! Were they boiled before baking?

Reactions: flatbroke
What I would give for a real garlic bagel (toasted) with cream cheese and lox...

They look real good - your wife is an artist! Were they boiled before baking?
Haha yeah! I asked why she was boiling. I figured the cheese finally slipped the cracker. I didn’t know the process. Lesson learned. Don’t boil ribs but Bagels are okay.

Retired Spook Retired Spook posted the pastrami thread and got me hankering for some pastrami. With the holiday etc figured best to hold off on a Katz order to ensure safe delivery time so a little Snake will have to tie me over.
View attachment 684510
So I took a couple SRF corned beef Rounds out of the freezer and in for a 24 hour soak changing water every 4-6 hrs
View attachment 684511
Loaded them in to the brine bucket and In the to garage refrigerator they go. View attachment 684512

I will smoke them In Little Jake on Sunday. Man my mouth is watering already. Time to make the seasoning.
In for the show. Once in the beginning(before I fell in here. I bought one of those shitty little "irish corned beefs" on the cryo-vac, to try for St patty day. needless to say it was a complete failure. that's been8-9 yeas ago.

Looks great. Can you help out with the cooking temp and internal temp finished? I have a elk roast in a brine for pastrami now and have never made any before.
Thanks

Looks great. Can you help out with the cooking temp and internal temp finished? I have a elk roast in a brine for pastrami now and have never made any before.
Thanks
I aimed for 250 temp in the smoker. I smoked them until 180-185

Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky