Other Hobbies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cman95

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 15, 2007
East Texas/Africa
I know we all love to fire up our smokers. But what other hobbies do you have?

Myself it is motorcycles. Harleys for me. I have 1999 Electra-Glide that is far from stock. 106 hp and 115 ft lbs torque at rear wheel.
OK...next!

sounds like me... i grow veggies and what not indoors... work on cars...ice fishing... work on computers... but my passion will always be cooking or anything that has to do with that

oh and i am always trying to make something that is going to make me rich..lmao

Not active in my favorite hobbies now, which include flying conventional and ultralight aircraft and scuba diving.
Mostly bird watching (with or without wings) photography, travel, camping, and most recent smokin' food!

Q'ing is my passion, then there's fishing, antique cars and slot car racing...

Hobbies... hm, where to start

Food preservation in general, curing and smoking meats specifically

Gardening - edibles mainly, but defer to Mrs Beekeeper's love of Daisies. In particular I like growing culinary herbs, starting my own vegetable and herb seedlings. Also started a 12 fruit tree orchard about 4 years ago, and am planning two rows of wine grapes for this next spring.

Hunting - though this one has been somewhat domant for want of time and familiarity with the local terrain and conditions

Fishing - do a whole lot of fishin', just not a lot of catching. Flyfishing, bank fishing, trolling, you name it.

Woodworking - have built a couple of pieces of furniture for my kids

Metalworking - recently reengaged - learned as a kid on the farm, now acquiring necessary equipment to weld.

Beekeeping - something I always wanted to do, but bees were too difficult to move, and the question of where to put them kept it on the "someday" list till I retired and didn't need to move.

Now I need more time and more room

Ken

Motorcycles for me too. Actually (and don't hate me for saying this) motorcycling is my #1 passion. Two yamaha's and a Honda in the garage. Will hopefully add a Ducati in 2008.

Third on the list would be radio control planes.

I also enjoying playing and coaching soccer, and mtn. biking.

If my wife sees this I'll end up divorced. She has no clue how much money I actually spend on hobbies. I have a large garage that I rat around in anytime I'm not at work (I even throw parties in it and put up a Christmas tree every year), so here we go...

No way. I started to list my hobbies, but y'all wouldn't probably wouldn't believe me, so I deleted it. It would be much easier for me to list the hobbies I don't do. Problem is that with all the things I like to do, I don't have enough money or time to do any of them effectively. So I just have a lot of cool stuff in a very big space. However, I have plenty of time to babysit my smoker while I play around in the shop, so I guess one of my main hobbies is eating.

Nuff said.

well lemme see... hard to find my hobbies that are not work related too.
fishing,surfing,diving,writing & playing music,

strictly on the hobby side- football,nascar,reading,& remodeling/modifying anything & everything...
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

aside from Qing, I brew beer, collect coins, hunt (mostly waterfowl), the shooting sports (mostly just target range), my collector car - restoring a 1970 Chevelle (not an SS or anything special, my first car was a '70 Chevelle), and gardening. That's about it, and I think that's enough for a single guy.

PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

I love camping, fishing, hunting, being outdoors. Standing by a good camp fire just to soak up the woodsmoke. lol
Riding horses.
My animals keep me busy, I raise my own meat, pork, beef, chicken and shrimp... also have a veggie garden, do a lot of canning and smoking.
During the winter I usually have a wood working project....last one was the cold smoker, before that was an outdoor bar.
During the summer I swim.
I play guitar, mainly old rock and some classical.......
Hmmmm....I have a lot of company, this is the hunting cabin during deer season. lol You can sit at my dining room table and watch the deer go by.

It takes at least an hour to go anywhere....so for entertainment folks around here get together pretty often, calf frys, crawdad boils, wild game feeds, pig roasts, etc..

I wish I could weld......there are so many things I'd like to make.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Besides q'ing, I like to play on my computer, work on computers, read, listen to music, watch movies, ride my motorcycle, and play with Hunter.

I'm a serious metalworking geek. Enameling, casting, forging, you name it. Blacksmithing, silversmithing, etc... That and historical reenacting.

No time for hobbies right now with grandkids - Breanna 9 - Madison 4 - Dylan 9mo.

Favorite hobby is fishing and going to fish gatherings - that is what lead me to SMF.

Other hobbies include camping, woodwork and model trains.

A hobby I would like to start along with smoking meat is DO cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky