How in the world 31 hours?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You guys have been really helpful, thanks. One other prob I had is when I threw them in the ice water cooler - the 2 that were probed filled up with water. Maybe that’s not an issue if ya don’t have fat-out?

One other prob I had is when I threw them in the ice water cooler - the 2 that were probed filled up with water. Maybe that’s not an issue if ya don’t have fat-out?
I assume you used non-edible fibrous casing. What exactly do you mean by "filled up with water"? Some fibrous casings are protein lined, some are not. The ones that are protein lined adhere to the meat paste better.

Well the sausage shrunk inside the non edible casing and they literally filled up with water. Had to cut logs in half and pour water out - then I just took the sausage completely out, dried off and vacuum sealed like that.

Reactions: indaswamp
I did just under 10 lbs . a couple days ago . One chub had Jalapenos and Colby jack cheese . It Took forever . I think the added moisture from the jarred peppers and the cheese caused an issue . I usually get in and out in around 8 hours . Pulled it at 150 , water bath and back in the smoker over night . I think I was around 15 hours when I shut the smoker down . That's to long .
Just starting to dry out the outside . Pork / beef mix .
20231016_101137.jpg
Did a chub of Krakauer too . Got my chunks to grind ratio backwards .
All pork . Grind and pre cured chunks of pork butt .
20231016_101200.jpg

Man those look real good chopsaw! I’m confused as to why they went back in the smoker after IT of 150 and a water bath? Was the smoker still on for the overnight hang! I hung mine in my meat fridge to dry after the water bath

I’m confused as to why they went back in the smoker after IT of 150 and a water bath? Was the smoker still on for the overnight hang!
No , smoker was off and cooled down . I think it was around 45 degrees outside at that point . I like to hang at room temp for a few hours to get some color , but it was late so I just put them back outside for the night .
I would normally just shut the smoker off and leave them until morning . As long as the outside temps are low enough to do that .

When I look at your pics I had these thoughts .
How tight was it stuffed
How much moisture / liquid was added .

Mark Twain said, “Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt” lol story of my life…..

So here’s a update, my smoker isn’t the 40” that I thought…it’s a 30”. So I had 20 lbs of sausage in a 30” haha I’m real smart
Timber
I think we are onto to something here, did you have your stuffer connected directly to your MES30 to get that much in there? :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: Timber II
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky