Other Hobbies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
hawk.......you ever get into r/c heli's?
i had a bud YEARS ago, that bought a kit........1000 bux back in early 80's.....never did ever hear how he did on it.......but he said, heli's are WAY more difficult than r/c planes...........to fly

No, I had more sense then to try to fly them, I didn't have quick enough reactions at 45 or so. What most people don't understand about R/C flying is that the controls reverse depending whether the aircraft is going away from you or coming towards you. It's not like your sitting in the aircraft and they are hard to fly. I built and helped my Son and he could fly anything he touched but that came from all the video games he grew up with. Here's a great video by one of the best that will show you what can be done with quick fingers and a computer radio.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...99402901911766

if THAT is not the oxymoron statement of the year.............LOLOL..........camping and rv in the same sentence...........lololol

j/king..........but...........

GOLF..it is an addiction. However, I am seriously considering buying a Harley this Spring so golf may take a backseat to the open road. Bowhunting for tasty venison runs a close second....but I really excited about firing up the smoker for the first time so who knows where my priorities will be in the next few months?

Let's see. I do a little of a lot of things.

Bee Keeping - a long time
Metal Detecting
Gold prospecting to include sluicing, dredging, gold panning, not a lot of finding
Fishing - if you can call it a hobby
Hunting - same as fishing
Wine / Beer making
Cooking
searching for Arrowheads, and other artifacts
Woodworking (lathe)
I know I got others, but can't remember them all.
Most of all I try to have a good time with all of them when I can
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky