OMG Its cold!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
IMG_5915.JPG

Gelling is also a southern issue with colder weather
LPG or what we generically call propane is actually more butane the further south the supplier.
Combine that with vertical versus horizontal tanks and the heater may not work.

Moving into the 40’s here for highs, and upper 20’s to lower 30’s for lows. Don’t know how long that will last, but I’ll dang sure take it in the Rocky Mountains.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
-7 here this morning, dang beagle pooped on the sidewalk cause snow wasn't as deep where we walked it down, I'd say it's frozen pretty hard by now lol almost 8"

-7 here this morning, dang beagle pooped on the sidewalk cause snow wasn't as deep where we walked it down, I'd say it's frozen pretty hard by now lol almost 8"
Thats a large poop for a beagle...8"...what you feeding that guy, pulled pork?!

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
Heck naw aint sharing as the supply is low and I don't want to get out lol , salt truck just came by scraping again couldn't tell if salting too but would suspect so.

Reactions: tpc74
Moving into the 40’s here for highs, and upper 20’s to lower 30’s for lows. Don’t know how long that will last, but I’ll dang sure take it in the Rocky Mountains.
FINALLY above zero after three days of being below 0. Flip flop weather!

Im sure all those up north are used to this, but pretty abnormal for CO to get this cold for this long. Tied a record at DIA that help since 1930 -19.

Before it warmed up - I was getting stir crazy and hit the slopes. -2 with 20-40 mph winds. Not my smartest play, but heated boots and gloves go real far!

FINALLY above zero after three days of being below 0. Flip flop weather!

Im sure all those up north are used to this, but pretty abnormal for CO to get this cold for this long. Tied a record at DIA that help since 1930 -19.

Before it warmed up - I was getting stir crazy and hit the slopes. -2 with 20-40 mph winds. Not my smartest play, but heated boots and gloves go real far!
2 days snowed in with the 16 yo son bout done me in....He has got to go back to school soon...My fridge door needs a rest!

Jim

2 days snowed in with the 16 yo son bout done me in....He has got to go back to school soon...My fridge door needs a rest!

Jim
Lol, I texted the boy at college on friday and asked if they had enough drinks and snacks in case if things got bad. His response "Were heading out in a few minutes to make a run, no worries here"!

Pssh next thing you’ll be b*tchin that it snowed too. 😂.
As far as diesel, neither of my companies BRAND NEW trucks will run right now. Even with additive it’s semi gelled and the DEF tank is froze up.
I always wondered about the def freezing. Guess I know now!

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
We're gonna be in the teens to lower twenties for the next couple of days. Which is close to normal for here. I will add that nothing is worse than snow-blowing 6" of puffy snow with a lite swirling wind. Well I guess snow-blowing more than 6" with a strong swirling wind would be worse.

Chris

I always wondered about the def freezing. Guess I know now!
[/QUOTE]

According to everything I've read it freezes at +11F. Most tanks up here have a heater cool in the bottom. Problem we have had is the liquid is splashing a sensor then freezing, tripping the sensor and putting an almost new 2023 truck with 16K on it into limp mode. 5mph and no more. Hopefully I see it back before it warms up next week or I'll be annoyed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Falling on deaf ears with you northerners but low last night was 23 and tonight is °26. Downright frigid in SE Ga😶‍🌫️.

Never knew my Duramax had a block heater until we moved to TN in 2014😂

Keith

We are supposed to hit single digits again tonight

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky