OMG Its cold!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
The Colorado cold front is no joke! Woke up to -7. Good thing there is football on! WOO HOO

Had a moose burger last night. So good. My good friend got a moose earlier this year and shared a steaks, burger and sausage. Hands down my favorite game meat

Bundle up David, we are warming a little on the western slope though. I agree with moose meat, it’s fantastic.
Good to hear you are getting some warming…highs dont look too bad till Monday. But it comes with the territory - you know it!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
We're having a warm winter so far here in Va. It was in the 60s this morning when I left with the dogs. Even after over 30 years of being a Michigan transplant, I do miss the cold and snow, although we were never quite that cold...

Surprisingly it's 41* here today with rain unfortunately. Our snow pack is near depleted. That moose burger sounds good. We're going with Salisbury steaks tonight. It will be the first time making them from scratch.

Chris

Yea, a bit chilly here too Dave… -33* with the wind chill.

That burger sounds amazing… Man, I do love me some wild game meat and moose is one of the best!

Let’s see about 5 here in MN with a windchill of -15. The are talking -30 to -50WC Sunday and Monday. Just got done doing the driveway. Luckily we got less snow than they thought. Moose burger, never tried it but never had the opportunity either. Bet could make some big burgers with that.

Reactions: JLeonard
Now, and next few days
IMG_1066.png

Last edited:
Pretty seasonal temps here in Northern Ontario.
-2°F
FEELS LIKE -17°F
Buddy lives in Edmonton -35 going to head to -40 overnight

I wish! Woke up this morning, had coffee and went to the off leash park with my 2 dogs. Brisk walk at -25 C. 1 1/2hrs. Was enough. Time for another hot coffee.

Son left this morning with his gear for Army exercises. Outdoor maneuvers in extreme weather.
Wished him well and said I will be inside drinking beer. LOL

Extreme Cold Warning
Issued at Sat 10:42 AM Jan. 13
Issued by: Environment and Climate Change Canada
Recommended Action

Dress warmly. Dress in layers that you can remove if you get too warm. The outer layer should be wind resistant.

Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours.

If it’s too cold for you to stay outside, it’s too cold for your pet to stay outside.

Description

Extreme cold conditions tonight into Sunday.

Hazard:
Wind chill values near minus 40.

Timing:
Beginning tonight into Sunday.

Discussion:
A slight breeze combined with very cold temperatures will yield wind chill values near minus 40. A few areas may see extreme cold conditions continue into Monday.

###

Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.

Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Reactions: jcam222
Upper 20's this morning, ugly for the next 5 days or so, reckon winter has arrived, never had moose but heard great things about it, have 2 racks of spare ribs and was going to throw on the pellet smoker, took a nap and decided to not cook outdoors lol. lived in Mi up until I was 11, never missed any school there but did here in Tn, retired now so let it rip lol

Man I miss the cold of Northern Michigan just something about it that I loved. I know it’s easier to say when it’s 50* where I am now and not in the negatives but still

Screenshot_20240113-224553.png

It's actually a real January here for once. Past winters has been warmer.

Had a moose burger last night. So good. My good friend got a moose earlier this year and shared a steaks, burger and sausage. Hands down my favorite game meat

Our weather has been so extreme, real cold real windy heavy snow then cleaned up with high warm winds and heavy rain.
Last night turned to plus 8 C (46.4 F ) All snow gone and no ice on the lake . Rest of the week above 0. I will take it .

Now Dave as for the moose meat. By far my favorite meat, even more than pork and beef.
Guy down the road gave me 2 pounds of ground. Now to decide what to make with it. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky