New Grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
The hand me down #8 Weston a friend gave me finally bit the dust. I knew it was dying last time out so I pulled the trigger on the LEM #8 big bite. They had a 20% off sale that still brought it to me cheaper than amazon and with stupid fast shipping. Holy cow is this thing a beefcake compared to that old Weston. The grinding head weighs a ton compared. And to think I almost bought the #12 as not to under size.

This thing is gonna finally push me into full blown sausage making. First up, hot breakfast sausage, next? Who knows.

Look what I found on the porch.

20231116_152701_1.jpg

Nice. Where is the 20% off sale? I've been looking at them and that might push me over the edge.
A trick I learned.

If you to to the LEM site, put a grinder in your cart then log out in a day or 2 they send you a discount to come back, when I did this with my vac they sent a 10% off, I waited a day then she sent a 20% off.

A trick I learned.

If you to to the LEM site, put a grinder in your cart then log out in a day or 2 they send you a discount to come back, when I did this with my vac they sent a 10% off, I waited a day then she sent a 20% off.
Well alrighty, I'm going to do that and see, thanks...

A trick I learned.

There's a few places that do it. I try just about every time I buy from a new place.

Also, holy cow, this thing is an animal. That was a 9 lb butt not long ago.

20231119_084237.jpg

Dont know if any of you have a Bomgaars near you. Ours had the #8 duel grind attachment only for $128, down from $168

Stopped at Academy Sports today as they USED to carry LEM products. Shopping for a new grinder. Hmm, local store (central Florida) only carries Meat Your Maker brand now.
Also, holy cow, this thing is an animal. That was a 9 lb butt not long ago.
As long as we don't hear on the news about mysterious disappearing farm animals or spouses?

• Haha
Reactions: mr_whipple
Old-ish thread but I'm posting a big thank you anyway!

I came here wanting to find out what to look for in a grinder and sausage maker. This LEM looks like it'll do the trick. Thank you!!

Happy New Year!

Murph

Murph, I have the #5, and it does everything I ask of it. I'm sure the #8 will exceed your expectations. Good luck.
Okie, thanks for the info; that's incredibly helpful.

It's just me and my wife and we ain't grinding up any wild animals. Just a roast here and there for burgers, some sausages, and absolutely some jerky every couple of weeks.

I didn't want to buy more machine than I needed but the diff between the #8 and your #5 is only $50 bucks...

Now I'm wondering about their Mighty Bite #8 for $100 bucks less than your #5.

Man, I hate this game.... 🙃

Murph

Reactions: nlife
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky