My view from my new cooking spot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
For those that are unaware, 2021 SUCKED for me and the bride and we decided that we weren't going to wait for retirement to get our place in the country. So we moved into the middle of 15 acres in early 2022 and haven't looked back.

In town I was relegated to using a big smoker in the driveway and the grill on the SMALL back patio. I'm now in the process of building a smoking/grilling/cooking/drinking, and visiting area under the awning off the backside of the shop. It's going to be a lengthy process so I can make it how I want it, but I'm already grilling and smoking back there.

Last night, as the stuffed flank steak was going, I looked up and saw the sunset happening over the back of our place. I realized then that I had chosen the right spot to make my outdoor space.

What you can't see in this picture are the longhorn cattle that are laying down just outside of the light, and what you can't hear is the coyotes yipping over to the south.

As the build progresses, I'll add more pictures.
IMG_5149.JPG

Look forward to it! Want to build an outdoor place as well... just not sure exactly what we want yet. Already have the yotes but no longhorns.

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Look forward to it! Want to build an outdoor place as well... just not sure exactly what we want yet. Already have the yotes but no longhorns.

Ryan
I've always wanted a dedicated space to entertain and cook at the same time that was outdoors.

Now, about the longhorns and coyotes.... Skip the longhorns, but keep the coyotes, they are cheaper in the long run!

Congrats on your new place. I did the same thing only 24 years ago. No loud mufflers or stereos, No balls bouncing off the house wall, no neighbors for 1.25 miles and can't see them in the summer. Rock road in one way and dirt the other and neither go anyplace except to the main hard surface. GPS will not get you here. Plenty of coyotes all around. Looking forward to your new entertaining get away.

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm living is the life for me.

1707226580851.png

Beautiful shot CB. Enjoy the quite. We're not quite that secluded, but we're close to it.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: nlife and JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky