My Sunday…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good Lord Jim . Glad you're OK .
I've worked in some pretty rough areas . Gun fire all day long .

Reactions: JLeonard
Justin and Ryan already know this story. So I live in Mississippi just across the state line line from Memphis, TN. I was going in for a 11a-7p Shift on my side gig. See a fella running across the parking lot of a gas station. He hits the ice on the sidewalk and goes down in my lane. I hear a loud noise…! I thought “OH SH*T! I ran Over him.” Hit the brakes and started calling 911. a black Camaro came roaring out of the parking lot. Dude hanging out of the passenger window with a gun in his hand. I duck under the dash. I look over and there’s a bullet hole in my passenger car door!!! meanwhile, the dude I thought I had hit has picked up HIS gun and is running back towards the gas station. I pull off the road, and get out. The bullet went in my passenger door, through the passenger seat, bullet fragment hit my seat, with the bullet lodging in the passenger drivers side door. The loud noise I’d heard was the bullet hitting my car. If the bullet hadn’t deflected and ended up in the back door it probably would have ended up in my chest.
View attachment 686337 View attachment 686338View attachment 686339View attachment 686340

Police and paramedics show up. They go to work on the fella I thought I’d hit. He was shot in the stomach. One of the other medics comes down to talk to me. Asks if I’m hurt. I say no. Hes still gotta check me out. So I’m now standing on the side of a major road in Memphis with my shirt up over my head getting patted down by a medic….a male medic. Couldn’t have been a female medic…No! Well at least he was cute…😂😂😂. After two hours I’m finally cleared to leave. So now I’m home in my recliner, thanking the good Lord I’m home safe and plotting how the heck I can get away from Memphis!

Jim
Damn, Glad you're ok. sucks about the ventilation on the car. These days it can happen anywhere. I don't go to the grocery store 1 mile away without my P-365. I know in this instance there wasn't time. Same here in SE Florida. there woulda have been 10 news trucks and a couple choppers here.

Well $hit, I'm glad I didn't pay that guy in advance. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Although we hear gun shots all the time here in the summer months. It's usually just guys sighting in, or taking out a pesky fox. I'm glad to hear you're safe, and thinking about skedaddling out of that area Jim.

Chris

One of the best things my mom did for me was get me the heck out of that town before it turned me into someone I don't want to be or a corpse. I thought I wanted to move baack as soon as I got out of high school, but watching the news on every visit I eventually decided Memphis was no place I wanted to live and raise a family.
Memphis has a beautiful skyline but these days I think the best view is in my rearview mirror.
I hear that song "Walking in Memphis, do you feel the way I do ? ", and think "do you feel scared $hit13$$ ?" You should !

• Haha
WOW glad it wasn't even worse and that you are safe. I agree get out of there figure a way just make it happen the next time may not have the same outcome or god forbid be one of your family put into that kind of crap. In this day and age get as country as you can that's within a decent commute to a decent hospital that pays a decent wage and that you don't have to worry whether you can get there and home without being in the middle of that kind of crap. My wife drives 30-40 minutes each way but it's a safe ride and a safe place to work

Just saw this...that is some scary stuff right there! Makes detroit sound safe. Question. Does insurance cover the car damage? How the heck do you report such a thing? I guess at least you have a police report already.

Not making light...just these weird questions sometimes pop into my head!

That place has been a cess pool for as long as I remember, we stopped overnight at the air national guard base overnight on the way to Tx on a convoy 1 time, hookers hollering all night from the gate, a guy on guard duty said it was a every night deal there and police couldn't or wouldn't stop it. Hate to hear you were almost a statistic. I don't slow down when headed through there and detour if possible

Just saw this...that is some scary stuff right there! Makes detroit sound safe. Question. Does insurance cover the car damage? How the heck do you report such a thing? I guess at least you have a police report already.

Not making light...just these weird questions sometimes pop into my head!
Yeah insurance will cover it. Just having a hard time getting with an adjuster person. With the ice and snow we had here last week they are covered up. And yep, got the report.
Funny thing is...When I said that I thought I'd hit the guy....I really did!!!! Noticed the next day the lower right facia/airdam thing was broken. It didnt slow him down getting up and grabbing his gun to run back up to the store, even after being shot in the stomach! Like cockroaches man....You cant kill them.

Jim

• Wow
Reactions: tpc74
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky