My Sunday…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Justin and Ryan already know this story. So I live in Mississippi just across the state line line from Memphis, TN. I was going in for a 11a-7p Shift on my side gig. See a fella running across the parking lot of a gas station. He hits the ice on the sidewalk and goes down in my lane. I hear a loud noise…! I thought “OH SH*T! I ran Over him.” Hit the brakes and started calling 911. a black Camaro came roaring out of the parking lot. Dude hanging out of the passenger window with a gun in his hand. I duck under the dash. I look over and there’s a bullet hole in my passenger car door!!! meanwhile, the dude I thought I had hit has picked up HIS gun and is running back towards the gas station. I pull off the road, and get out. The bullet went in my passenger door, through the passenger seat, bullet fragment hit my seat, with the bullet lodging in the passenger drivers side door. The loud noise I’d heard was the bullet hitting my car. If the bullet hadn’t deflected and ended up in the back door it probably would have ended up in my chest.
IMG_1583.jpeg IMG_1584.jpeg IMG_1586.jpeg IMG_1585.jpeg

Police and paramedics show up. They go to work on the fella I thought I’d hit. He was shot in the stomach. One of the other medics comes down to talk to me. Asks if I’m hurt. I say no. Hes still gotta check me out. So I’m now standing on the side of a major road in Memphis with my shirt up over my head getting patted down by a medic….a male medic. Couldn’t have been a female medic…No! Well at least he was cute…😂😂😂. After two hours I’m finally cleared to leave. So now I’m home in my recliner, thanking the good Lord I’m home safe and plotting how the heck I can get away from Memphis!

Jim

Justin and Ryan already know this story. So I live in Mississippi just across the state line line from Memphis, TN. I was going in for a 11a-7p Shift on my side gig. See a fella running across the parking lot of a gas station. He hits the ice on the sidewalk and goes down in my lane. I hear a loud noise…! I thought “OH SH*T! I ran Over him.” Hit the brakes and started calling 911. a black Camaro came roaring out of the parking lot. Dude hanging out of the passenger window with a gun in his hand. I duck under the dash. I look over and there’s a bullet hole in my passenger car door!!! meanwhile, the dude I thought I had hit has picked up HIS gun and is running back towards the gas station. I pull off the road, and get out. The bullet went in my passenger door, through the passenger seat, bullet fragment hit my seat, with the bullet lodging in the passenger drivers side door. The loud noise I’d heard was the bullet hitting my car. If the bullet hadn’t deflected and ended up in the back door it probably would have ended up in my chest.
View attachment 686337 View attachment 686338View attachment 686339View attachment 686340

Police and paramedics show up. They go to work on the fella I thought I’d hit. He was shot in the stomach. One of the other medics comes down to talk to me. Asks if I’m hurt. I say no. Hes still gotta check me out. So I’m now standing on the side of a major road in Memphis with my shirt up over my head getting patted down by a medic….a male medic. Couldn’t have been a female medic…No! Well at least he was cute…😂😂😂. After two hours I’m finally cleared to leave. So now I’m home in my recliner, thanking the good Lord I’m home safe and plotting how the heck I can get away from Memphis!

Jim
Thank God that you are OK, sir. I am speechless...

Reactions: JLeonard
Holy crap Jim! Glad you are ok. I had posted awhile back in a thread that when I had TN as a sales territory I avoided Memphis like the plague. Folks I knew that lived in the area told me it was a war zone in many areas. That was 10years ago.

Yea, I am still just shaking my head in disbelief over this! But so thankful if anything that was hit… it was your door/seats that were hit! Very thankful you’re ok buddy!

Last edited:
WOW Jim that was too close and glad you escaped unharmed! And maybe you should hit the dude running 😉. And that's quite the reason for a call out!

Yes Memphis has become a war zone.
BiL's brother has been there 10 yrs of so flying for FedEx. He reports shootings near them.on every visit.
He's finally had enough and moving back to GA next month.
Load up and come on down !

Keith

Damn Jim, that sounds terrifying!! Glad you are ok and safe!! Crazy what is happening all around our country!! As spook said it is sickening to see where we are these days.

That’s freaking unreal dude! I’m happy to hear he missed you. definitely sounds like a good time to relocate. Stories like this make me happy to live in a town of 746 people

Very scary scenario, sad to see this continue to grow in any major city (which is most of them), but definitely glad to hear you are ok :thumb:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky