Most Epic Brisket Ever (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice job on the whole meal Robert!
The brisket looks absolutely awesome!
Another well written thread with great photo's!
Al

I noticed your frog on the table, my aunt collected porcelain frogs, I have the perfect mate to your frog.

Thanks so much. PM forthcoming and I truly appreciate the offer. That is actually Tracy's frog and she has some sort of a plant bulb growing in it. We have a couple similar things that she's done in her crafting classes.

Robert

Nice job on the whole meal Robert!
The brisket looks absolutely awesome!
Another well written thread with great photo's!
Al

Thanks so much Al. This one was a lot of fun. First time using my own rub on a brisket, first CPB brisket I've done, and the first brisket on the Rec Tec. With all those variables there was a lot of room for error but blessedly, it all came out well.

Robert

Man that looks great. You do get to live the life sometimes and hopefully we can all copy you to some extent :D

I honestly was in awe of the mac n cheese. I love the stuff but not sure I could eat much of yours, I have to watch my lactose intolerancy and I could only flirt with a little but of that stuff but man it would be worth it! :)

tx smoker,
If you don't mind me askin.....what did you do with all the brisket fat trim?

Keith!! Great to see you my friend. This brisket had very little fat but I vac sealed and put it in the freezer. I'm known to use it in green beans sometimes or in a beef soup or stew. Most of it gets used in beef sausage though. I much prefer the flavor of good quality meat when I'm making a beef sausage but they tend to be lean so I use the fat to get the correct ratio. I never waste anything meat related. It all has a use :emoji_wink:

Robert

This seems to be the week of folks doing their best brisket ever. Apparently Randy ( @texomakid ) nailed one the other day and it looks fantastic!! Congrats Randy. Had a bit of a chat in a different thread that involved some of the SMF staff about creating a new sub-forum and there was mention made by me that BBQ (smoking meat) was the root of the forum. I've done some interesting stuff recently but it's time to get back to out roots :emoji_wink: This started last week. I said something to Tracy about it being time to get some friends together and put on a nice dinner. Told her I was gonna reach out to them and give some options for them to vote on as to what the meal would consist of. Here is how the dialog went between Tracy and I:
Tracy: What options?
Me: Brisket
Tracy: Brisket
Me: Prime rib
Me Tomahawk rib eyes
Now I don't claim to be the brightest person on the planet but I was kinda thinking that maybe she wants brisket. I do know that it's one of her absolute favorite things I make, so I guess we're doing brisket. Some of you may remember that massive stack of Certified Piedmontese Briskets on my kitchen island not too long ago. Finally time to cook one. Doesn't break my heart a bit!!

Brisket, fat cap up before trimming
View attachment 430903

Lean side
View attachment 430904

A generous dose of my beef rub. Wrap in foil and into the fridge. This is Thursday afternoon
View attachment 430905

Fast forward to 4:00 Saturday morning. Onto the Rec Tec
View attachment 430906

Made a batch of Greek yogurt ranch dressing for the slaw. I believe this was originally posted by John @SmokinVOLfan last Spring. It is amazing!!
View attachment 430907

Got some bacon going for the mac & cheese
View attachment 430908

Cut up some jalapenos, also for the mac & cheese
View attachment 430909

Bacon done
View attachment 430910

Get the cheese sauce going for the mac & cheese
View attachment 430911

Cheese sauce ready
View attachment 430912

Boil the macaroni, mix the cheese sauce into it, then add the bacon and jalapenos
View attachment 430913

Into a baking dish to go onto the Rec Tec later
View attachment 430914

Brisket coming along nicely. At this point I put in in a baking pan, put in some broth/gravy, and covered with foil
View attachment 430915

Done. Into the house and wrap for a couple hour rest in the cooler
View attachment 430916

This is the gravy and drippings from the brisket. Will use this ILO of BBQ sauce. It is SO good!!
View attachment 430917

Time to get crazy on you all. This is a brie that was lightly warmed in the oven
View attachment 430918

This is where we really get crazy. Top with warmed bacon jam. Crazy yes, but insanely good served on club crackers!! Bacon jam came by way of Steve @Steve H and it's out of this world!!
View attachment 430931

Here is the appetizer spread. Veggie plate with dip, the brie with bacon jam, a tub of purple cauliflower that one of our guests grew, and come crackers
View attachment 430933

Add more of the three different cheeses to the mac & cheese, ready to go on the Rec Tec
View attachment 430936

And we're off!!
View attachment 430937

Mix the dressing into the slaw
View attachment 430938

Unwrap the brisket and ready to slice. Look!! A real beer :emoji_wink: Nothing "light" about this one. It's a home brewed English Brown Ale
View attachment 430939

Brisket sliced. OMG!! This looks amazing...Just beautiful. Gorgeous smoke ring and very moist with lots of juiciness
View attachment 430940

The whole dinner spread. Only a few items but all were prepared with love :emoji_laughing:
View attachment 430941

My first of a few plates of dinner
View attachment 430942

This is what it's all about!!
View attachment 430943

Dessert was lemon squares made by one of our guests from lemons he grew himself on a tree that he's been nurturing for years
View attachment 430945

Rick performing his mandatory post dinner concert. Here he is doing "We Don't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
View attachment 430946

Well folks, this was all so good. Typically there is one component that stands out as the star of the show. Not this time. Everything was just amazing. I couldn't have been happier. I've done every grade of brisket up to and including Wagyu but the flavor of this CPB beat them all hands down. I've had a few that were a bit more tender but not as flavorful. The slaw was just off the charts. When I saw this posted it was as a salad dressing but my first thought was that it'd make a great dressing for slaw. The mac & cheese was made with heavy cream, extra sharp cheddar, Pecorino Romano, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses. They all came together to create a flavor that I've never experienced in mac & cheese before. Most folks went back for seconds of the brisket but to a person, everybody went back for seconds of the slaw and mac & cheese. They all wanted the recipes for both. I've never been a big fan of slaw, but up till a couple years ago all that I'd had was commercially made. Decided one day that I wanted slaw but was going to make it my own, not some rendition of somebody else's. Put together my own recipe and we really liked it. Then this one came up and I threw the other one away. This is hands-down one of my favorite things in the world. The brie with the bacon jam was spectacular. Folks tore into that like a bunch of sharks on a feeding frenzy. I wound up having to warm up more bacon jam so folks could put that on crackers. It's great that way also but the addition of the brie is indescribable. I've actually been dreaming of doing this since the day I made the bacon jam. This was just the first opportunity and I took advantage of it. All in all a really good dinner.

Oh well....I've taken enough of your time and it's time to run to my little pub for a couple of pre-Superbowl adult libations. See y'all on the next one!!

Robert
Wow! What a great meal! Big like.

I know---I'm late again, but I finally found this one!!
And it is Outstanding!!
Nice Job, Robert !!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky