Most Epic Brisket Ever (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert the whole meal looks amazing start to finish. You sure get a nice smoke ring on that Rec Tec too. I swear I’m going to have to try to make a Keto version of bacon jam!!

WOW! That does look pretty epic, killer smoke ring!!

It looks like everyone enjoyed the meal, that's a lovely group of people there to share a perfect day with.

I've yet to do a full packer...one of these days.

Damn Robert! That brisket is beautiful. The smoke ring is killer and looks nice and juicy. You cooked that one on the money! How do you compare it to the one you did on the egg at the cen tex event? Whole spread looks great really like the brie and bacon jam. Glad you enjoy the greek yogurt ranch...I really need to try that on slaw next time I make a batch. Big LIKE my friend. Another carousel worthy thread!

PS...the beer looks great when are you going to ship me a keg? :emoji_laughing:

SPEECHLESS! Just Amazing...JJ

Looks Great, and a great time for all, sides looked fantastic, brisket color was spot on, my only question, well two is why i wasn't invited and did you trim all the fay off the brisket ?

Gary

Robert the whole meal looks amazing start to finish. You sure get a nice smoke ring on that Rec Tec too. I swear I’m going to have to try to make a Keto version of bacon jam!!

Thanks so much Jeff. I was really happy with this one, both in appearance and color. If you're able to figure out a Keto version of the bacon jam, I'd suggest posting it so other folks can jump on the bandwagon. As creative as you are, I don't doubt for a second that you can do it!!

Faith in my friend,
Robert

Reactions: jcam222
WOW! That does look pretty epic, killer smoke ring!!

It looks like everyone enjoyed the meal, that's a lovely group of people there to share a perfect day with.

I've yet to do a full packer...one of these days.

Thanks so much Joe. It was a great day to spend with our best friends. We all go back well over 10 years and have shared a lot of adventures together....and a few thousand meals :emoji_wink:

Robert

How do you compare it to the one you did on the egg at the cen tex event?

This one was far better. The one I did on the BGE got done too early and sat in the cooler for hours. By the time I sliced it the thing had dried out.

Whole spread looks great really like the brie and bacon jam.

It was fantastic!! When I said I'd been dreaming about this since the day I made the bacon jam, I was not kidding. It was worth the wait!!

Glad you enjoy the greek yogurt ranch...I really need to try that on slaw next time I make a batch.

Enjoy it? That's an understatement. I'd put the stuff in a needle and shoot it in my arm!! If you're gonna use it as a slaw dressing though I'd highly recommend adding a touch of mayo. That seemed to really balance out the flavor.

Big LIKE my friend. Another carousel worthy thread!

Thank you sir but I think we both know that's not likely to happen :emoji_wink:

It was a pretty brisket though!!
Robert

Looks Great, and a great time for all, sides looked fantastic, brisket color was spot on, my only question, well two is why i wasn't invited and did you trim all the fay off the brisket ?

Very much appreciate the kind words Gary...but what are you talking about?? You're always welcome here. Have I ever turned you away when you've shown up on my door step?? :emoji_astonished:

No, I did not trim all the fat. There wasn't much to trim but I left an eighth to a quarter of an inch of fat. I just took a pic of the lean side also to show the beautiful, deep red color of the meat.

Wouldn't do that to a brisket,
Robert

Robert I seriously considered using your beef rub recipe on my last brisket but I'm over run with rubs and seasoning that I'm trying to use up so they won't go bad on the shelf. I fully intend to try that rub on a brisket soon. I really like it on steaks & beef ribs. I've even made chili utilizing some of the ingredients I've acquired for that rub recipe. It's a good rub and I'm sure the flavor of that brisket was amazing.

Excellent and enjoyable read Robert! I got to look into your bacon jam spread. Oh and the slaw recipe too!

I keep debating on getting a Rec Tec when my old GOSM craps out but hey she's maybe 15 now, doesn't that just make the girl tennie bobber, I mean still young and spry?

Excellent and enjoyable read Robert! I got to look into your bacon jam spread. Oh and the slaw recipe too!

The bacon jam was actually posted by Steve Steve H Steve H I just stole it and made some :emoji_wink: The dressing for the slaw was posted again in response to your request in a different thread by John SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan so you should have all that now.

I keep debating on getting a Rec Tec when my old GOSM craps out but hey she's maybe 15 now, doesn't that just make the girl tennie bobber, I mean still young and spry?

I like your take on the GOSM. I've never used one but I'll tell you that I love my Rec Tec!!

Robert, your "xxx Cayenne pepper " powder, what is it?

It is a very hot cayenne pepper I get from a little specialty spice shop in Wichita, KS

Home brewed?

Huh? Not sure exactly what you're referencing here. Yes, I brew my own beer if that's what you're wondering.

Robert

It seems that I do not have a handle as of yet to do the "Quote" and post a response thingie.
As you can see I've been around for a while. Heck I'm only an ott 7.

Any hoot, I'm going to to do this old country school style,,,
"olecrosseyes said:
The bacon jam was actually posted by Steve Steve H Steve H Steve H Steve H I just stole it and made some :emoji_wink: The dressing for the slaw was posted again in response to your request in a different thread by John SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan so you should have all that now."

Many thanks, I've got it and I'm going to give it a whirl soon.

"olecrosseyes said:
I like your take on the GOSM. I've never used one but I'll tell you that I love my Rec Tec!! "

Not lying, it has my attention!

"olecrosseyes said:
Robert, your "xxx Cayenne pepper " powder, what is it?
It is a very hot cayenne pepper I get from a little specialty spice shop in Wichita, KS"

"olecrosseyes said:

Home brewed?
Huh? Not sure exactly what you're referencing here. Yes, I brew my own beer if that's what you're wondering. "

Thanks you answered my question, the "Home brew" reference was concerning that you might have raised and ground your own cayenne pepper dust.

Thank you my friend.

That looks AWESOME Robert, I haven't been cooking much lately, we are packing up the house for a move in a few weeks, what a nightmare!!!

I noticed your frog on the table, my aunt collected porcelain frogs, I have the perfect mate to your frog.
P/M me your address and I'll send it to you........we are decluttering big time and my wife doesn't want to keep it and I can't bring myself to throwing it out.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky