Grilled 2" Tuscan Strips...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Dinner night with friends tonight. Was so nice outside we decided it was time for steaks. My friend picked up some 2" thick prime NY strips...I should have taken a picture of them raw, they were beauties!! Anyways, I offered to make the Oyster mushroom, Crab, and Brie soup for first course. We ate that with a great bottle of Chardonnay..
IMG_20240323_145154.jpg

(no pics of the soup). But here is the thread last time I made it...
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/oyster-mushroom-crab-and-brie-soup.326295/#post-2505743

Seasoned the steaks with sea salt, Cracked Black pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and fresh chopped rosemary from the garden. Let those marinate while we got the coals hot on the green egg and ate our soup.

Onda grill @350-400*F with a couple chunks of hickory wood...pulled them off around 123ish degrees to rest.
IMG_20240323_184502.jpg

14 minutes later, time to plate.
IMG_20240323_190304.jpg

Just a beautiful steak...
IMG_20240323_190315.jpg

The slice...
IMG_20240323_190431.jpg

Oh my was that steak good! One of the best strips I think I have ever had! Had the steaks with steamed fresh green beans and a side salad. Paired that with a 2015 Australian Barossa Valley Shiraz wine. WOW was that a GREAT wine! I will be going back to buy more of that!
IMG_20240323_200008.jpg

Thanks civil! T'was really really good my friend! We decided we did not need a starch with the meal because the soup was so decadent and rich. The salad and green beans were enough.
I got to know if you dipped a slice of the steak in the soup???? If you didn’t you need to do a do over and do it!!!! lol.

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
I got to know if you dipped a slice of the steak in the soup???? If you didn’t you need to do a do over and do it!!!! lol.
No I did not.....could not pry the fresh hot french bread out of my paws!!! LOL!!! But I must confess, I could not finish my steak....got a small piece left over and will definitely be dipping tomorrow!!

Reactions: civilsmoker
No I did not.....could not pry the fresh hot french bread out of my paws!!! LOL!!! But I must confess, I could not finish my steak....got a small piece left over and will definitely be dipping tomorrow!!
can I suggest….a piece of buttered French bread toast in a shallow bowl, then slices of NY, topped by a ladle of soup…….dang I can almost taste it…..almost….lol!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: indaswamp
Boy am I jealous. Those steaks look perfect to me Keith and getting to eat outside major plus. I'm about to go outside and snow blow about 8ish inches of pure white.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Reactions: HalfSmoked
Very nice way to enjoy dinner, good friends and great food.
Thanks chile! Great food, Great friends, Great Weather; Great Combo!!

A wonderful thing to see, nice work Keith. RAY
Thanks Ray! The Tuscan seasoning profile was just awesome!

Looks like a great meal.
Thank you Brian.

Perfect steak and perfect meal, Keith!!
Thanks GS! Man was it good!

Great meal right there .
Thanks Chop!

Great meal, always nice to break bread with friends.

David
Thank you David. Food for the soul.....

Great looking steaks! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Dave
Thanks Flatrate...indeed. We were in heaven!

Boy am I jealous. Those steaks look perfect to me Keith and getting to eat outside major plus. I'm about to go outside and snow blow about 8ish inches of pure white.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Yep, weather was perfect...low 60's and by the time we were finishing the meal, it was in the upper 50's....nice breeze blowing and best of all-no mosquitos!! Everything is in bloom right now in South Louisiana!

Can I make a reservation for next Saturday at 8:00pm ?
HA! thanks ebz!

That steak is spot on. 👌. And the whole spread sounds delicious.
Thank you JLinza!

Man that is the peak of a surf and turf meal!! Five star fare in my book
Yin and Yang my friend! Holy crap was it good!!!! Thanks for the stellar complement! If you have never done a Tuscan steak I suggest you give it a go...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky