More Cumberland sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
This Cumberland sausage is so good. Another 5# going down. The fresh minced sage with the little mace hit is pure magic.

IMG_1892.jpeg

Just so happens I have a couple kg of grind I need to do something with so this may be it.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I did a batch of breakfast sausage while the salmon for supper was on the smoker and still have more ground pork in the freezer.

I did a batch of breakfast sausage while the salmon for supper was on the smoker and still have more ground pork in the freezer.
This Cumberland recipe is something like 4-500 years old. Been around for a long time. They add rusk or bread crumbs for extenders, I don’t use that at all, but the spice line is magic, it’s simple and probably the most delicious breakfast sausage I’ve ever made or eaten.

I really should make this again. I enjoy it with mashed potatoes and gravy. My wife and son don't mind it. I like to add rusk since it makes it a lighter sausage overall.

This Cumberland recipe is something like 4-500 years old. Been around for a long time. They add rusk or bread crumbs for extenders, I don’t use that at all, but the spice line is magic, it’s simple and probably the most delicious breakfast sausage I’ve ever made or eaten.
My initial batch is in fact the most delicious I have ever made. I just ate a whole bag of bulk that I pattied up.

Just made a batch. It was one of the best sausages i've had! It reminds me of a breakfast sandwich sausage i would get in England and haven't found anything like it in the states. Seriously good sausage. I had it with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, but this will be my go to breakfast sausage.
The recipe I posted is about 4-500 years old, and all English.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky