Meal For Tonight - Smoked Loin with Honey Apple Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 20, 2012
Middle of Nowhere, South Central PA
Well since I had a craving for some smoked loin I decided that's what I would have tonight 
biggrin.gif
  I considered making it the same as this one  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/134530/todays-smoke-pork-loin-with-homemade-wine-peppercorn-sauce

but then decided to do something different...

Here is the 2 1/2lb piece of loin that was chosen for this meal.

Nice coating of rub.

And into the MES.

Smoker temp is 225*  AMNPS running oak, maple & apple.

Updates to follow...

Last edited:
Yumm! What times dinner!!! I really like a simple pork loin or thick chops smoked! Just happened to see chops on sale yesterday, might be tonight's dinner!

Lookin' real good so far B!

I'm not cooking anything worth watching...just some home made marinara, saute'd zucchini, and some meatballs for the young'n.

I'll be checking in on yours!

Bill

Yumm! What times dinner!!! I really like a simple pork loin or thick chops smoked! Just happened to see chops on sale yesterday, might be tonight's dinner!
Before too long. Just got the taters cut for some fries - need to fry them & whip up a sauce yet...
I'm in
banana_smiley.gif
  lets see what you got going on here in this one. Looks like a great start.
Thanks!

popcorn.gif
...glad you are feeling good enough to eat again!
Thanks Kat!  I'm back in action 
super.gif

biggrin.gif

Lookin' real good so far B!

I'm not cooking anything worth watching...just some home made marinara, saute'd zucchini, and some meatballs for the young'n.

I'll be checking in on yours!

Bill
Thanks Bill!  Sounds like you're making a tasty meal too! 
thumb1.gif

Ok loin is wrapped & resting & just put the fries on.  Gonna throw together a sauce I hope turns out good (it looks good in my head at least 
smile.gif
)  If it works I will post the recipe if anyone wants it...

Loin ready to go.

Sliced.

Very juicy 
32.gif

With the honey apple sauce.

Yummm...  
biggrin.gif

The loin was incredibly tender & juicy. I pulled it at 145 IT, wrapped it & it rested for an hour & half before I sliced it. The honey apple sauce worked great as well with no overpowering flavors to mask the taste of the loin. I will make this again for sure 
biggrin.gif

Reactions: newsmokeguy
I saw a promise of a recipe earlier.  I hope you don't think pictures of ingredients helps amateurs like me

The loin looks great.  I'll be doing one this weekend.    How long did it take to get to 145 with a smoker temp of 225???

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky