Smoked What???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
This is the follow up to my post yesterday in the AMNPS Testing thread.

So Im going to preface this post and admit I am a peanut butter whore, smooth, crunchy, eat it by the spoonful, top some ice cream with it, you name it, Im on it.

The other dayI was perusing the devil known as Instagram and came across a short smoking video with a link to full recipe. I watched the short video and could not get the idea of this recipe out of my head.

What the recipe was for was cold smoked peanut butter.

Off to Walmart I go, get two cans of Walmart brand honey roasted peanuts and some honey.

Into the smoker with the peanuts go with the AMNPS loaded with apple pellets.

20240317_115956.jpg
As per the recipe stated, smoke them for 2hrs and pull them out and let them set overnight for the smoke flavor settle.

This afternoon, after I got home, while making dinner, the peanuts go into the blender with about 3 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of salt.

Let the peanuts spin for a bit, scrape down the sides, wash, rinse repeat till smooth.

20240318_173633.jpg

Now I will say, this is not your typically smooth as Jif, etc. This is more like a all natural peanut butter with a bit of grit to it.

Now for the flavor, wow this is amazing, honey roasted peanuts with a good touch of apple smoke, simply amazing.

I have some bourbon blueberry jelly I cant wait to make a sandwich with the combo

I'm also a peanut butter whore. At work I eat two peanut butter on American cheese Sammies. That PB you made looks great Kevin.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
I'll bet that is good, Kevin. Love p-nut butter, have it on toast for breakfast almost every morning...

I’ll take a couple sammich with that bourbon jelly! Sounds good all the way around.

Jim

This looks like a have to try.

Hello I am David and I am also a Peanut Butter aholic. we go into panic mood when we are down
to only 1 extra jar each in the pantry ( wife likes the low salt kind ). I also take a PB&Jam sandwich everyday
in my lunch box and 2 toast and PP with my tea every morning.

Love the use of the already roasted and then Honey.

David

Never tried making my own peanut butter and I like the smoke part. What I'm really interested in is this bourbon blueberry jelly. Could you tell me more?

Never tried making my own peanut butter and I like the smoke part. What I'm really interested in is this bourbon blueberry jelly. Could you tell me more?
I wish I could, one of my wife's friends got it for us. Its a small vendor my wife's friend knows and only makes it seasonally. If I can remember, Ill look at the bottle I have for the name of the farm.

Thanks guys, I slapped a bit on a chocolate frosted doughnut this morn, wow was that good.

The possibilities I see with this could go on, peanut butter pie, a chicken sate sauce, pb cheesecake, could just keep going.

I'm also a peanut butter whore. At work I eat two peanut butter on American cheese Sammies. That PB you made looks great Kevin.

Point for sure
Chris
I need the puke emoji for that American cheese comment....I love straight PB sandwiches, no jelly of any kind.

Probably would taste great with my Iced Tea Jelly i make. I use that solely for my PB&J.

I haven't had a PB sandwich in a long time but I honestly thought I was the only one who would put a slice of cheese on one. Preferably toasted
...and I thought I was the only one. Been doing it since the early 70s. One difference with mine. No bread is involved. Just two slices of cheese with PB in-between.

...and I thought I was the only one. Been doing it since the early 70s. One difference with mine. No bread is involved. Just two slices of cheese with PB in-between.
I'll still dip a slice of cheddar in some once in a while.
Are we talkin craft singles or what? Cause I'll try anything once. I didn't get where I am today, worrying about what I was gonna feel like tomorrow. Lol
I like the Kraft Deli Deluxe, but back in the day, yep, good old Kraft singles.

Reactions: gmc2003
Smoked peanut butter and some Nutella has been the winning combo so far. Tried a bit of the blueberry bourbon jelly and had too much of the pb, overpowered the jelly

Its from Pack House Farm in Chatham, NC

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky