Just pulled this TT off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
SE Arizona
20191005_165155.jpg
I had planned on smoking this Tri Tip a couple of weeks ago but life got in the way.
So, the Trip Tip was vacuum sealed in marinade of Lea&Perrins orginal and low sodium soy sauce followed by a sleep in the deep freezer.
Smoked the TT with a combo of cherry, hickory, and mesquite. IT is 135 so time to pull it. Sorry no reverse sear for this one.

20191005_165530.jpg
Shot of the TT before foiling and resting for 15 minutes.

20191005_172414.jpg
And the sliced shot.
Will be plated with seasoned fries and a green salad.
But no one really wants to see those, do they?

Thanks for looking.

I finally saw the all elusive tri-tip in one of our local grocers the other day, but a 9.99 a pound I just couldn't quite pull the trigger. I can only dream that it would come out as good as yours did.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I finally saw the all elusive tri-tip in one of our local grocers the other day, but a 9.99 a pound I just couldn't quite pull the trigger. I can only dream that it would come out as good as yours did.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you Chris.

Yeah, Trip Tip is getting pricey in my neck of the woods too.
Luckily for me, my wife wanted Tri Tip. So she didn't mind splurging.

looks good, yeah who cares about the rabbit food show us the beef!! sorry to any of the vegans out there

For sure there are some vegans crying into their pillow somewhere.
My oldest grand daughter became vegan quite a fews back.
She doesn't visit very often but we still love her.

Thanks for the like.

That looks great . Just the way I like my beef . Never had TT , and have only seen one for sale here . $14.99 a pound .
I don't think you need the sear on a perfectly cooked piece of meat like that .
Nice work .

Looks fantastic and done just right!! I couldn’t believe I saw tri tip yesterday at a Meijers in Ohio. Only thing was they were pre seasoned. I asked them to get in some plain ones.

10 bucks a pound seems high...but that is what most cuts of steak run around me and 10 bucks at Costco buys prime so no trimming or waste. In reality it’s cheaper than steak at least in my neck of the woods.

That looks great . Just the way I like my beef . Never had TT , and have only seen one for sale here . $14.99 a pound .
I don't think you need the sear on a perfectly cooked piece of meat like that .
Nice work .

Thank you chop.
$14.99 per lb is just plain highway robbery.
You are right. There was no reason for a reverse sear on this one.

Looks fantastic and done just right!! I couldn’t believe I saw tri tip yesterday at a Meijers in Ohio. Only thing was they were pre seasoned. I asked them to get in some plain ones.

Thanks jcam22.
I hear you about those preseasoned TTs.
We bought a preseasoned one a while back and did not care for it. The leftovers ended up in a pot of chili.

10 bucks a pound seems high...but that is what most cuts of steak run around me and 10 bucks at Costco buys prime so no trimming or waste. In reality it’s cheaper than steak at least in my neck of the woods.

You are absolutely right.
We don't buy steaks anymore and just go for a nice TT to satisfy the beef cravings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky